This Valentine Treat container was created for the weekly Color My Heart Dare challenge. These four-inch containers can be filled with a special gift to give for Valentine’s Day. The added bonus: these containers are currently on Clearance along with over 100 other items on my website. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I’ve used to create this project.
Paper Needed: 12″ x 5″ B&T Paper (I used Lagoon Adventure Fundamentals), 2½” x 4″ B&T Paper (I used Lagoon Adventure Fundamentals), 2¼” x 3½” B&T Paper (I used Raspberry Adventure Fundamentals), 1¾” x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock, 2″ White Daisy Cricut Rose, 12″ x ½” B&T Paper (I used Raspberry Adventure Fundamentals),
2″ x ½” B&T Paper (I used Raspberry Adventure Fundamentals)
1. Wrap the 12″ x 5″ B&T Paper around the cup, trimming as needed. (NOTE: I created a pattern for covering the outside of the cup. Email me for a PDF of the pattern.)
2. Cut a chevron into one of the shorter ends of the 2½” x 4″ B&T Paper and the
2¼” x 3½”B&T Paper. Layer the two pieces and adhere together.
3. Cut a chevron onto the shorter end of the 1¾” x 3″ White Daisy cardstock . Using the second generation stamping technique, stamp the Heart image onto the right side of the cardstock with Lagoon Ink.
4. Using Black Ink, stamp the sentiment onto the Heart image.
5. Wrap a piece of Pink Twine twice around the 1¾” x 3″ White Daisy cardstock, just to the left of the stamped image. Tie a knot and trim the ends. (Note: The Piercing & Embossing tool helps to separate the strings on the twine for a frayed look.)
6. Attach the 1¾” x 3″ White Daisy cardstock to the layered B&T papers. Adhere the layered label to the front of the Pint Size Cup.
6. Using the Cricut, cut a 2″ Rose from the White Daisy cardstock. I used a Accent 2 on page 54 of the Artiste Cartridge.
7. With a sponge, apply ink the the edges of the Rose cutout. Using a Quilling tool, roll the rose and adhere the petals to the base. ( I used Liquid Glass.) Once the adhesive has dried, adhere the Rose to the upper left side of the label.
8. Wrap the 12″ x ½” B&T Paper around the rim of the lid.
It will not be long enough so you will need to fill the gap with the 2″ x ½” B&T Paper.
9. Fill the treat container with candy, granola, snack mix, toys, nail polish, etc. and give it as a gift to brighten someone’s day.
Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad