For this week’s Color My Heart Dare Challenge, I used the Tea-rriffic stamp set to create some fun tea party treats. One side of these little treats holds a tea bag while the other holds a 3 x 3″ note card, plus there are cookies in the center. These little treats are perfect for your own Mother’s Day tea party or as a shower favor. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this project.
Paper Needed: 12″ x 8½” B&T Paper (I used Enchantment Fundamentals), 6″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock, 3″ x ½” B&T Paper (I used Enchantment Fundamentals), 2¾” x 2¾” Glitter Paper ( I used Sea Glass), 2½” x 2½” Watercolor Paper
1. Score the shorter side of the 12″ x 8½” B&T Paper 2½” and 6″. Score on long side at 1¼”, 2½”, 5, 7, 9½” and 10¾”.
2. Cut the 2½” x 2½” squares off each of the four corners.
3. Place the pattern side down (the one you want to show on the finished project). Fold up the four corners into the center diagonally using the bone folder to press the folds down.
4. Fold each of the short sides into the center across the score lines.
5. Turn the paper over. Fold up the sides on the 5″ and 7″ score lines.
6. Fold down the 1¼” flaps on each side. After you have added the bag of cookies, use a hole punch to create two holes to string ribbon through.
7. To create the card base, fold the 6″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock in half at 3″.
8. Place the 3″ x ½” B&T Paper horizontally along the base of the card.
9. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp the “Tea Cup” and “Flower” images onto the 2½” x 2½” Watercolor Paper. Shade the images using Watercolor Pencils then blend using a small round waterbrush. NOTE: I used Start Spangled Blue and Ocean to made the Peacock color, then used Holiday Red and Cranberry to make the Pomegranate color. The center is Black.
10. Create a mask of the “Tea Cup” image, then, using Black Memento Ink, stamp the “Steam” image above the cup. NOTE: I create masks using full adhesive sticky notes.
11. Once dry, layer the 2½” square Watercolor Paper onto the center of the Glitter Paper, then adhere to the card.
12. If desired, stamp a sentiment inside the card. Place the card into one of the pockets then add a tea bag to the other.
Black and Gold Ribbon