This week’s Color My Heart Dare uses all of the warm, summer tones of our Dreamin’ Big paper collection. Each of our paper packets includes a set of Picture My Life (PML) cards, which are awesome, but are sometimes hard to use if you don’t scrapbook. This week, I decided to find a way to use this PML page to create a fun penny slider card. Our Thin Cuts made creating this card a breeze. You can get our Thin Cuts at a discount this month and save on the supplies to recreate this card. As always, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this card at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 9½” x 4¼” White Daisy Cardstock, 4″ x 4¼” Black Cardstock, 1½” x 4¼” B&T Paper (I used Dreamin’ Big), Dreamin’ Big PML sheet, 2″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock (Dragonfly)
1. Score the 9½” x 4¼” White Daisy Cardstock at 5½” on the long side. Fold to create the card base.
2. Adhere the 1½” x 4¼” B&T Paper horizontally to the bottom (inside) of the card.
3. Cut the horizontal “Life is an Adventure” PML to 5¼”. Center the PML on the inside of the card and adhere so that the sentiment is hidden by the flap and the flowers show when the card is closed.
4. Stamp the “Dragonfly” image onto the 2″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock. Using a Cuttle Bug (or equivalent) with the Dragonfly Thin Cut, cutout the stamped image. NOTE: To create the multicolored image, I used strips of Slate, Sorbet, and Glacier Re-inkers to create a stamp pad on a baby wipe. .
4. Using the large Circle Thin Cut with a Cuttle Bug (or equivalent), cut a 2½” circle out of the “Dream Big” PML making sure the sentiment is centered inside the circle.
5. Using a tool or machine of your choice, cut a 3″ circle out of the center of the 4″ x 4¼” Black Cardstock. NOTE: If you own a Cricut, you can find the canvas here.
6. Cut out the 3″ x 4″ “Woodgrain” PML card. This is going to create the background behind the sentiment and it is an EXACT fit, so make sure it lines up with the circle cutout on the Black cardstock before adhering to the card front.
7. Using White Daisy Ink, stamp the “Insect Trail” around the edges of the 4″ x 4¼” Black Cardstock. Place 3D Foam Tape along the edges on the back of the cardstock, then adhere to the front flap on the card.
8. Using a hole punch, cut a circle from the 3D Foam tape and adhere to the center of a penny. With the Foam Tape facing upwards, place the edge of the penny under the Black Cardstock. Place 3D Foam Tape onto the back of the “Dream Big” PML, avoiding the edges, then adhere to the center of the card. This will begin to build the slider track.
9. Remove the backing from the penny’s foam pad and attach a second penny above it. Top with a pretty die-cut Dragonfly. CONGRATULATIONS! You just made a slider card!
A Cricut Design Space Canvas is available for $3.00 and includes the cuts for the card base, cards front, circles, and background. Email me to purchase the canvas.
Glacier Exclusive Inks Re-Inker