I love giving out little treats at Easter, and this bag was simple and fun to create using the Close to My Heart Easter Bunny stamp set. You can alter this bag and make it your own creation by simply changing the colors, the stamps used, or by adding a name to the front flap. I will be posting ideas for Easter treats all week so be sure to visit often. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this project.
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 8½” x 11″ (I used Glacier for the bag).
2. Score the cardstock on the long side at 1″, 4″, 6″ and 9″.
3. Score the shorter side at 2″ and 7″.
4. Fold up on each of the score marks, using a bone folder to burnish each of the folds.
5. Cut the cardstock in the places indicated in the picture below. NOTE: I cut my bottom flaps at a slight angle so that they fold neatly when creating the bag.
6. If desired, use a corner rounder on the corners of the top flap.
7. Create the bag by adhering the 1″ flap to the inside of the bag using a strong adhesive, then fold the bottom flaps in and adhere them together. For a neater look, make sure the bottom front flap is adhered very last.
8. Slightly pinch the sides of the bag so that the top edges of the opening meet together, then fold the top flap down over the front of the bag and seal using a hook & loop dot.
9. Cut a piece of cardstock at 1¼” x 3″ to create the decorative strip for the top flap. (I used Canary cardstock.) If desired, use a corner rounder on the bottom two corners, then stamp your desired sentiment.
10. Attach the cardstock strip to the top flap, then wrap twine around the flap and tie in a decorative knot or bow.
11. Using the Easter Bunny stamp set, stamp the desired images onto White Daisy cardstock, then shade the images using ShinHan markers. Cut out the images and adhere them to the front of the bag using Foam Tape.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS: On the Thistle bag, I used the Flock Together stamp set to create the heart background with Pansy ink. I cut out a 2¼” scallop circle from Pansy cardstock, then a 2″ circle from White Daisy cardstock to create the tag on the front of the box. Both of these shapes came from the Art Philosophy Cricut® cartridge. The sentiment was created using the writing feature in Cricut® Design Space.