Do you need a quick, last minute treat for your Easter table? Do you enjoy giving little gifts to your co-workers and friends? This little Spring Basket using our Some Kinda’ Wonderful paper, is the perfect project for you. I was able to create this project in under 20 minutes, fill it will candy, and send it on its way. You can personalize this project by adding a cute name tag or gift card. I will be posting ideas for Easter treats all week so be sure to visit often. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this project.
1. Cut the Cupcake Wrapper and Circle from the B&T paper using the Cricut® shape cuts listed below. NOTE: I was able to cut out three per 12″ x 12″ sheet.
2. Assemble the Cupcake Wrapper, then apply liquid glass (or hot glue) around the bottom edge. Immediately, place the glue side down onto the Circle shape to create the base of the basket.
3. Cut a ½” x 8″ strip from B&T paper. Adhere the strip to the inside of the wrapper as shown to create the handle. Staple the ends in place. (Our mini stapler is perfect for this!)
4. Tie two 2″ pieces of ribbon into a decorative knot, then adhere to the sides of the basket to hide the staples. Trim the ends if needed.
5. Using the measurements below, cut out the Daisy shape from Raspberry cardstock.
6. Assemble the Daisy by layering the flowers largest to smallest. To curl the petals, use a bone folder or a quilling tool on the tips of the petals. You can also add dimension to the flower by placing small strips of Thin 3D Foam tape between the layers.
7. Add a Black Dot to the center of the flower.
8. Using the measurements below, cut out the Leaf shape from Willow cardstock. Adhere the Leaf to the back of the Daisy, then attach the flower to the side of the basket.
9. Fill with candy, trail mix, or gifts. Add a personalized name tag, if desired, and give to someone you care about.
4” Accent 3 <Cupcake Wrapper #M3FEB3> (cut 1, p. 73)
2″ Card <Insert Circle Shape> (cut 1, p. 48)
3” Daisy <Daisy #MFADCF2> (cut 1, p. 46)
.75″ Shift+Rose <Rose #MFAD8CB> (cut 1, p42)
|Some Kinda’ Wonderful Papre Packet||12″ x 12″ Raspberry Cardstock||12″ x 12″ Willow Cardstock|
|Black and White Dots||
|Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors||
SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer