This modest card proclaims “He Lives”. Simple, yet so important to remember. Easter is about proclaiming that Jesus conquered death, and because of this, so can we through God’s grace and salvation. “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” (I Cor 15:3-4). We celebrate Easter with bunnies, candy, gifts, and eggs, yet we often forgot the real reason to celebrate.
This card was created using the Slice feature in Cricut® Design Space along with a Lily from our Flower Market Cricut® Cartridge. Today’s tutorial will walk you through using the slice feature to create the frame for this card. As always, the list of supplies I used to create this card can be found at the very bottom of this post.
Creating the Frame using the Slice Feature:
1. Open a new project in Cricut® Design Space.
2. ‘INSERT IMAGE’ and in the search box type Label #M362D4. (This is a free image).
3. Open the ‘EDIT’ panel and resize the Label to 4.75″ height.
4. With the Label selected, choose the ‘SLICE’ option in the ‘LAYERS’ panel.
5. You will have three images layered on top of each other that can been seen as individual images in the ‘LAYERS’ panel. Separate them by moving them around onto the canvas. You will be using the Frame image only. Select the two Scalloped Oval images and Delete them.
6. ‘INSERT SHAPE’ to insert a circle. Place the circle image over the Frame image. Unlock the aspect ratio (lock image), and drag the shape to create an oval that is slightly larger than the frame opening. This will be the oval shape that goes behind the frame.
The remaining Cricut® shapes are listed below. You can design this entire card in Cricut® Design Space, then assemble it onto a White card base. I used a Lily from our wonderful Flower Market Cricut® Cartridge along with the Cricut® Design Space writing feature to create the sentiment. Once the card was assembled, I used our Clear Shimmer Brush on the frame and flowers to add a little sparkle. Please feel free to comment with any questions about this project.
3” Lily Of The Valley Cluster #MD7161E (cut 1, p35)
4″ w x 5.25h ” Square ( cut 1)
3″w x 4.47″h Circle (cut 1)
Cricut Font and Basic Shapes
4.75″ Scalloped Oval <Label #M362D4> (cut 1)