I love the look of watercolors, and though I have not perfected this medium, I do love that it is very forgiving. This week’s Color My Heart Dare challenge gave me the freedom to experiment with my watercolor palette and use lots of colors on the flowers from the Live, Laugh, Love Stamp of the Month. This stamp set is available for purchase until May 31st , so make sure to get your’s before it is gone. As always, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this card at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, 5½” x 4¼” Watercolor Paper
1. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp the “Flower” images vertically onto the left side of the Watercolor paper. NOTE: I stamped the center flower first, created a mask with a sticky note, then stamped the remaining flowers.
2. Create a mask to cover the stamped flower images, then splatter a variety of Watercolor paint colors onto the right side of the Watercolor paper. Allow the paint to dry before continuing.
3. Remove the mask, and use Watercolor paints to shade in the flower images. NOTE: I used a Clear Shimmer Brush on my flower images after the paint dried.
4. Once the images have dried, add Bitty Sparkles to the center of the flower images.
5. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp a sentiment onto the Watercolor paper.
6. Adhere the Watercolor paper to the front of the Card Base, then stamp a sentiment inside the card.