For this week’s Color My Heart Dare challenge, we are required to use Tangerine, Sorbet, Sea Glass, Lemon, White with optional Gold from our Prickly Pear color palette. I was able to use all the colors for this week’s challenge by taking advantage of the washi tape designs on our Washi Wonder acrylic stamp set.
I am so excited that this stamp set was brought back for our July Stampaganza special. I would love to see what you create using some of our stamp sets that were specifically brought back for our Buy 2 Get 1 Free Stampaganza and join the Color My Heart Dare challenge this week. If you wish to recreate this card, a list of the supplies used can be found at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, 5¼” x 4″ Sea Glass Cardstock, 5″ x 3¾” White Daisy Cardstock, 2¼” x 3¾” Sorbet Cardstock, 2″ x 3½” B&T Paper (Floral Prickly Pear), 12″ x 1″ B&T Paper (Lemon Prickly Pear), 12″ x ¾” B&T Paper (Sorbet Prickly Pear), 3¾” x ¾” White Daisy Cardstock
1. Adhere the Sea Glass cardstock onto the center of a 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base.
2. Using Sorbet, Sea Glass, Tangerine, and Lemon Ink, stamp the “Washi Tape” images onto the lower right side of the 5″ x 3¾” White Daisy cardstock.
3. Adhere the 5″ x 3¾” White Daisy cardstock to the center of the Sea Glass cardstock.
4. Adhere the 2″ x 3½” B&T Paper onto the 2¼” x 3¾” Sorbet Cardstock, then adhere horizontally to the top of the White Daisy cardstock ¼” from the top.
5. Using the Say It All acrylic stamp set, stamp a sentiment with Black Ink onto the right side of the 3¾” x ¾” White Daisy cardstock strip. (NOTE: The Say It All acrylic stamp set is only available during our Stampaganza event.)
6. Adhere the 3¾” x ¾” White Daisy cardstock horizontally to the center of the 2″ x 3½” B&T Paper.
7. To create the medallion, first score the 12″ x 1″ B&T paper every ¼” the full length of the paper. Fold an accordion fold the entire length of the paper, then adhere the ends together to create a tube.
8. Flatten the tube and adhere the center together. I have found it best to cut a 1″ circle out of cardstock, place a glue dot onto the center of the circle, then place the cardstock circle onto the center of the medallion.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 to create a second medallion with the 12″ x ¾” B&T paper.
10. Layer the medallions and adhere to the card as shown, then place a small gold gem in the center.
Don’t forget that the Washi Wonder and Say It All acrylic stamp sets are available for a limited time during our Buy 2 Get 1 Free Stampaganza event.
Prickly Pear Paper Packet
12″ x 12″ Sea Glass Cardstock