I love that Close to My Heart has a line of masculine papers because I have used the Jack paper pack for many of my projects including this multi-layered thank-you card. Sadly, these papers and their accessories are only available until August 30th, so be sure to purchase them before they retire.
I created this card for the weekly Color My Heart Dare challenge which required the use of Ruby, Slate, Sapphire, Willow, White Daisy, Black with optional Silver. I will admit that the Willow color was a bit of a challenge for me on this card, but I was able to find some twine in my stash that had both Ruby and Willow allowing me to “tie” everything together and create a clean looking card. As always, I have created a list of the products used on this card at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” Card Base, (2) 5½” x 4¼” Sapphire Cardstock, 5¼” x 4″ B&T Paper (Plaid Slate), 2″ x 4¼” Sapphire Cardstock, 4″ x 2½” B&T Paper (Plaid Ruby), (3) ¾” x ¾” Sapphire Cardstock, 2¾” Sapphire Cardstock Circle, 2½” White Daisy Cardstock Circle, 2½” x 2½” Slate Cardstock
1. Adhere a piece of 5½” x 4¼” Sapphire cardstock to the card base.
2. Adhere the 5¼” x 4″ B&T paper to the center of the Sapphire cardstock.
3. Using an Embossing Folder, dry emboss the 2″ x 4¼” Sapphire cardstock, then adhere to the front of the card horizontally approximately 1″ from the bottom.
4. With the long side at the top, score the other piece of 5½” x 4¼” Sapphire cardstock at 2¾”. Fold the cardstock in half lengthwise then adhere to the center of the card.
5. Adhere the three ¾” squares to the outside of the folded Sapphire cardstock as shown.
6. Using Black Ink, stamp the sentiment onto the White Daisy circle, then adhere the White Daisy circle to the center of the Sapphire circle.
7. Adhere the circles to the left side of the 4″ x 2½” B&T paper allowing the sides of the circles to hang over the edge slightly. Trim the circles so they are flush with the edge of the paper.
8. Adhere the 4″ x 2½” B&T paper to the center of the outside of the folded Sapphire cardstock. Add the Twine Bow and Silver Gems to the sentiment.
9. Using a 1″ circle punch, create a notch in the top of the 2½” x 2½” Slate cardstock. Using Black Ink, stamp the “Heart” image below the notch. Wrap Twine twice around the cardstock and secure to the back.
10. Adhere to the inside of the folded Sapphire cardstock to create a gift card holder.
11. If desired, stamp a sentiment inside the card.
Don’t forget! The Jack papers and accessories are available for a
few more weeks while supplies last. Make sure to visit my website to
order your products before August 30th.