Do you remember the excitement of going to purchase school supplies? You roamed the aisles breathing in all the colors and textures. You were so excited to bring it all home, put it in your pack, and take it to school. As I pull out my New Basics Ink Pads, I am as excited as I was picking out school supplies years ago. I am breathing in all the delicious colors in the new palette – Espresso, Almond, Toffee and Nutmeg. These are just a few of the new basics that Close to My Heart has blessed us with this year.
On this week’s School Year stamp of the month project, I choose to use Almond and Nutmeg to create a whimsical card from our Artistry Cricut® cartridge. This card was fun to make and can be given to any teacher friend in your life. You can even add a small gift card as a thank you gift. As always, I have created a list of all the products used at the bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 12″x 6″ White Daisy Cardstock, 6″ x 6″ Kraft Cardstock, 4″ x 4″ Almond Cardstock, 6″ x 6″ White Daisy Cardstock, 2″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock
1. To create the card base in Cricut® Design Space, you will use the “Coffee Mug” (#M40FC2A) image from the Artistry cartridge. Duplicate the image four times. (Each will measure 4.25″ x 5.5″).
2. Rotate two of the images until the inner edges meet, then weld the two images together and cut from White Daisy cardstock to create the card base.
3. Cut the remaining “Coffee Mug” images from White Daisy and Kraft cardstock. Adhere the Kraft “Coffee Mug” onto the front of the card.
4. Trim the White Daisy “Coffee Mug” so just the lid portion remains. Using Almond ink, stamp the “Heart” images across to the middle of the “Lid”, then adhere to the card.
5. Cut the “Cup Sleeve” from Almond cardstock. If desired, use an embossing folder to create texture. (I used our retired Striped embossing folder.)
6. Before adhering the “Cup Sleeve” to the card, wrap with White Burlap Ribbon creating a small knot on the right side. Adhere the “Cup Sleeve” to the card.
7. Using Nutmeg ink, stamp the “Frame” image onto White Daisy cardstock, then stamp the sentiment onto the center of the frame using Black ink. Cut out the frame image and adhere to the card using Thin 3D Foam Tape.
8. Add a gift card or sentiment to the card and give it to someone who makes a difference in the lives of children.
The School Year stamp of the month is available until August 30th.
Contact me, or visit the Promotions tab my website to learn how you can
get this stamp set for only $5.00.