Have you seen our beautiful National Stamping Month products? During the month of September, Close to My Heart has created a limited time From the Heart kit that you can use to create some gorgeous projects. To celebrate National Stamping Month, I have been creating with our From the Heart products, and, this week, I have created an interactive pop-up card using the From the Heart stamp set for the heARTful Stamping Challenge and the House of Cards Challenge. I love how the sentiment on this card will slide up and down through the slot, how it folds flat for mailing, and is free standing once it is opened. As always, I’ve included a list of the products used to create this card at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 11″ x 4¼” White Daisy Cardstock, 5½” x 2¾” Crystal Blue Cardstock, 5¼” x 2½” Pacifica Cardstock
1. Using Glacier, Crystal Blue, and Pacifica, and Canary inks, stamp the flower image randomly onto the 11″ x 4¼” White Daisy cardstock.
2. Using Sweet Leaf and Juniper inks, stamp the leaf image randomly next to the flower images onto the White Daisy cardstock.
3. Using Flaxen ink, stamp the stem image randomly onto the White Daisy cardstock, next to the flower images allowing them to overlap. (Below is a photo of what mine looked like when I was finished.)
4. Score the White Daisy cardstock on the long side at 1″, 2¾”, 3¾”, 5½”, 7¼”, 8¼”, and 10″.
5. With the longer side of the White Daisy cardstock still at the lop of the paper cutter, line up the cardstock at the center so that the shorter end is at the 5½” mark. Cut from ¾” to 3½” using the arrow (or line) on the cutting blade to see where to cut. (You will be cutting along the 5½” score line.)
6. Fold the cardstock along all score lines using a bone folder to burnish the folds. Set aside.
7. Using VersaMark Ink, stamp the sentiment onto the 5¼” x 2½” Pacifica cardstock, then sprinkle with White Embossing power and heat until set using a heat gun.
8. Adhere the Pacific cardstock with the sentiment onto the center of the 5½” x 2¾” Crystal Blue cardstock.
9. Apply adhesive at at each of the shorter ends of the White Daisy cardstock (the top and bottom of the card base).
10. Slide the layered cardstock with the sentiment in the slit on the front of your card, then turn it over, fold the ends so the tape is facing you, remove the backing on the tape and adhere the layered cardstock. Fold the other end down so it is on top adhering it along the bottom (like a sandwich with the layered image in the middle).
11. If desired, adhere Silver Sequins and a ¼” Silver Glitter paper strips as embellishments.
Remember that the From the Heart stamp set and kit are only available while supplies last until September 30th. Visit the Promotions Tab of my website to order your National Stamping Month From the Heart products.
I can’t wait to see what you create!