Welcome to the National Stamping Month Blog Hop where we will be featuring the From the Heart products. These products include a beautiful card kit and stamp set that can be used to make some gorgeous creations. If you have come here from Vickie ODell’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. This blog hop is designed to allow you to start here and work your way around. It’s simple, fun, and full of ideas using the From the Heart products.
If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog: http://ifyoublingit.blogspot.com/p/stamp-of-month-blog-hop-list.html.
During the month of September, I will be creating some simple projects using the From the Heart stamp set so make sure to visit often for more inspiration. As I roamed the internet for ideas, I saw that this stamp set was used often with brightly colored flowers and I wondered what it would look like using simple brown tones. I decided to step outside the box and use our basic colors which resulted in this fall layout that features our Basics Fundamentals papers and inks. I truly enjoy how it turned out. As always, I’ve included a list of the products used to create this layout at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 12″ x 12″ White Daisy Cardstock, 1″ x 12″ B&T Paper, 1½” x 12″ B&T Paper, ¼” x 12 Espresso Cardstock, ½” x 12 Espresso Cardstock, 6″ x 2″ B&T Paper (Basic Fundamentals), (3) 2″ x 2″ B&T Paper (Basic Fundamentals), 6″ x 4″ Espresso Cardstock, 2″ x 2″ Nutmeg Cardstock
• I used all of the brown tones of the Basic Fundamentals paper pack. You could change this by using all of the grey tones with a Black & White photo.
• After placing down the top and bottom paper and cardstock strips, I used a pencil to draw out the space where my photos and papers would be placed. This helped me to stamp the images on the corners without having to create a mask. Some of my images where stamped partially inside the drawn rectangle to allow my papers to overlap the stamped images.
• The images were stamped using the From the Heart stamp set with Almond, Toffee, Espresso, and Nutmeg inks. To create more depth, some of my images are stamped using second generation stamping allowing me to using the inks twice for the same image.
• The small heart was created using Nutmeg cardstock and our Basic Hearts Thin Cuts. I took apart the White Burlap Ribbon and created two pieces of twine to tie across the heart.
• I always adding a little shine to my layouts, so I placed a strip of Rose Gold Foil tape across the base of the inner rectangle. After looking at it longer, I might add some Rose Gold gems later.
Now “Hop” on over to Cat Nowak’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas! Remember, the From the Heart products are available until September 30th! Contact your CTMH Consultant, or visit the Promotions tab my website to see how you can get this card kit and stamp set for FREE!
Micro Glue Dots