Welcome to the Cricut You Are Here Collection Blog Hop where we will be featuring our You Are Here Cricut Collection. This cartridge is full of images representing life – daily activities, travel, parenthood, and family. If you have come here from Darlys Recker’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. This blog hop is designed to allow you to start here and work your way around. It’s simple, fun, and full of ideas using the You Are Here Collection. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.
As I finished up my Christmas card list, I realized that I did not create enough cards, so I decided to make this Coffee Lovers Christmas card for my coffee loving friends. I created this in Cricut® Design Space using the Coffee to Go image from our You Are Here cartridge and have included a short tutorial for you to show you how to create the card base. As always, the list of supplies I used can be found at the very bottom of this post.
Cricut® Design Space Instructions:
1. After inserting the Coffee to Go – #M2845F0F image into your Canvas, RESIZE the image to 5.5″h.
2. UNGROUP the image so that you have two separate images in your Layers Panel, then DELETE the top layer. (I ROTATED the bottom layer 90′ to see it better.)
3. DUPLICATE your image, then FLIP HORIZONTAL.
4. Move the images until the “lids” touch completely, then SELECT ALL and WELD.
5. Insert a SCORE LINE and RESIZE to 4″h. SELECT ALL and ALIGN CENTER.
6. To attach the Score Line to the image, SELECT ALL then choose ATTACH. (To check that it is attached, choose Make It and see if the score line is attached to the cup.)
I used the Contour and Slice options to create my additional layers, stamped a cute saying inside, and ended up with a pretty cute card. You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from twenty other Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using the You Are Here Collection. and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs.
Now “Hop” on over to Gina McDonald Brandstetter’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas! Contact your CTMH Consultant, or visit the What We Do tab on my website to learn how you can get this collection for half-price. I can’t wait to see what you create!
Beary Christmas Paper Packet
Tombow® Permanent Adhesive
Beary Christmas Dots
* The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.