A few people have asked me recently how I was able to create the “Lucky” sentiment on my Saint Patrick’s Day card. When I created the card, I knew that I wanted a “Lucky” sentiment, so I took this image from an Artfully Sent card and manipulated it in Design Space. Today, I am going to show you how I used the “Slice” feature in Cricut® Design Space to create my sentiment. You can use the same techniques to create other titles and sentiments for your projects.
Cricut® Design Space Instructions:
1. Insert image Lucky Pocket Card – #MCB9E5 into your canvas.
2. This image comes with a background card. If your image does not have a background card image, you will need to create one using a SQUARE shape that is the exact same size as your image.
3. Layer the images so that the Sentiment is on top of the Square image.
4. SELECT ALL and choose SLICE. Additional images will appear in the Layers Panel. You will see your original image, the background the image was sliced from, and the sliced image. NOTE: You cannot slice images that are Grouped or Attached. Make sure that you always Detach the images or Ungroup the images before attempting to Slice.
5. DELETE all of the images except the “Lucky” sentiment. Resize it to the desired size and Make It.
By using the Slice feature, you have opened up your world to an entirely new set of images. There are so many more sentiments and images that you can “Slice” in our Artfully Sent Cricut® Collection. To view all of the images available, simply visit “Cricut® Collections” in the Products tab to see each of the Shape Indexes for all of our amazing Cricut® Collections.
Remember, the Slice feature is only available in Cricut® Design Space. If you have been considering upgrading your machine so that you can start creating all of my Tuesday Tutorials, then right now is the perfect time to do so. Cricut has some incredible deals on Cricut Explore™ machine bundles starting as low as $149.99! I can’t wait to see what you create with your Cricut® machine and the SLICE feature in Cricut® Design Space.
* The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.