Many times I am looking for a specific project I want to make, but I cannot find it anywhere in Cricut Design Space™. This is when the “Upload” feature comes in handy. I can add just about any image I find online into my Canvas and create a cut image, write image, or a print-then-cut image. This past week, I really wanted a specific box that was not in my Images files, so I found an SVG file and uploaded into Design Space™. Today, I am going to show you how I did that.
Design Space™ Instructions:
1. Using your favorite search engine, search “SVG Box File”. I found one that I liked on The Craft Chop. (Make sure the site you choose is reputable and that you have up-to-date antivirus software on your computer.)
2. Save the file onto your computer. Take note of where you saved the file so you can find it later. I have a file called “SVG Files” in my Google Drive that I save all of mine to.
3. Open a New Project in Cricut Design Space™.
4. Choose UPLOAD, then choose UPLOAD IMAGE.
5. BROWSE to find the SVG image you saved earlier. Open the image and it will appear on the screen.
6. NAME and TAG your image so that you can find it later. Choose SAVE.
7. You will see the image you uploaded in your “Recently uploaded images” files. The image will remain in your files until you Delete it. (You can delete the image by choose the (i)information button and choosing delete.)
8. Select the image you wish to load onto your Canvas and choose INSERT IMAGE.
9. As you can see, all of the lines are turned into cut lines once the image is uploaded. You will need to choose the “Scissors” image next to each line and change it to a “Score Line”.
10. SELECT ALL and ATTACH so that the Score Lines are attached to the image. Resize as needed and Make it.
That’s it! Now you have the perfect box you need to your project. Be sure you watch your inbox so that you can see the Father’s Day Card & Box project I created using this image. I can’t wait to see what you create in Design Space™.
If you have been considering upgrading you machine so that you play along in Cricut Design Space™, now is the time to take advantage of an amazing special. May 25th through June 6th, Cricut Explore® machines are on sale starting at $149.99 PLUS you can get FREE shipping using the code MAYSHIP.
* The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.