Convention is over, I am “almost” unpacked, my craft-room is still not finished, and, yet, I am still able to create. I have been amazed by how little I need to make a card and how many things I have found as I have unpacked my collection like the Originals Idea Book from Close to My Heart. I had this stashed on a shelf in another area of the house and completely forgot that I had it. Before placing this book on the shelf in my new craft area, I thumbed through and found a few cards that I wanted to make including one for the weekly Color My Heart Dare and Heart2Heart Challenges.
I used the design on page 35, exchanged the cardstock used for some of our Fresh Air papers, added a stamped image, and “Bob’s your uncle” – I had a completed card.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, 5½” x 1¾” B&T Paper (Fresh Air), 5½” x 2¾” B&T Paper (Fresh Air), 4¼” x 3″ Nutmeg Cardstock, 4″ x 2¾” B&T Paper (Fresh Air)
1. Using Washi, Scotch, or Post-It Tape on the back of the papers, temporary attach the 5½” x 1¾” Fresh Air paper onto the 5½” x 2¾” Fresh Air paper. (They will overlap, so make sure that the width is 4¼”.)
2. Using the Stitch Guide and Piercing & Embossing Tool, punch holes along where the two papers meet. I used the Zig-Zag stitch, but you can use any on the guide.
3. After adding stitching with a Glacier colored thread, adhere the paper onto the card base.
4. Using Nutmeg Ink, stamp the sentiment from the We Are Makers stamp set onto the 4″ x 2¾” Fresh Air paper. (FYI: This stamp is only available until August 31st.)
5. Adhere the stamped sentiment onto the center of the 4¼” x 3″ Nutmeg Cardstock using Thin 3D Foam Tape.
6. Using Charcoal Ink, stamp the “We Are Born” image onto a scrap of White Daisy cardstock. Cut out the image and adhere to the sentiment using 3D Foam Dots.
7. Cut two 1½” pieces of Glacier & Gold Ribbon, fold in half, and staple onto the Nutmeg cardstock, as shown, using a Mini Stapler.
8. Adhere the Nutmeg cardstock with the sentiment onto the card using 3D Foam Tape.
9. Add two Gold Glitter Gems, and stamp a sentiment inside the card.
I know that the card I made looks nothing like the one in the Originals Idea Book , but the books are designed to inspire and give you a launching pad to begin the creating process. I hope that you join this week’s challenges. I always love seeing what other people create for these challenges. I can’t wait to see what you create!