Welcome to the Here’s To You Blog Hop where we will be featuring various products from the Here’s to You collection. The products in this collection are designed to help you celebrate the everyday moments in your life. If you have come here from Alyson Mayo’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. This blog hop is designed to allow you to start here and work your way around. It’s simple, fun, and full of ideas using the the Here’s To You products. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.
As a member of the “live in the middle of nowhere” club, I often do not get my packages in a timely fashion. Even though I had ordered my “Here’s To You” Workshop kit weeks ago for this blog hop, it has still not arrived. Since I choose to “celebrate joy in all things”, I decided to create a layout using components I had on hand that come in the workshop kit to create this layout.
The Here’s to You Workshop kit comes with four Stamp sets, a variety of Cardstock, Silver Glitter paper, White Pearls, and the Rose Embossing Folder. As I searched for ideas for this blog hop, I read one of the quotes hanging in my craft room – “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” So that is what I did. I didn’t have the stamps, but I used what I had to create this layout. It is perfect for celebrating any joyous occasion in your life.
Here are a few techniques I used on this layout:
- The top and bottom border were created by dry embossing Linen cardstock with the Rose Embossing Folder.
- The Bashful Cardstock was also embossed with the Rose Embossing Folder, then I used a Sponge to apply White Daisy Ink, and splattered shimmer using a Clear Shimmer Brush.
- The border at the top of the Bashful Cardstock was created using the Scallop Border Thin Cuts. I made sure to partially cut the border so that only the scallop portion was cut from the cardstock.
- Light Grey Ribbon was attached and a decorative knot created below the Scallop Border.
- The Joy title was created using the Banner Thin Cuts along with text from the Cricut® You Are Here collection.
- The flowers were created using various cuts from the Cricut® Flower Market collection, shimmer was added, and White Pearls set in the centers.
- The stitching was created using Stitch Guide, Piercing & Embossing Tool Kit, and Grey thread.
Once my Here’s to You kit arrives, I plan on replacing the 3″x 4″ photo with the “I wish you all the joy” stamped image from the kit. Many of the products I used on this layout will be retiring at the end of August, so make sure you snag them along with the Here’s to You workshop kit before they are gone.
You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from fifteen other Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using the Here’s to You collection and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs.
Now ‘Hop” on over to Michele Rowley’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas. Remember, the Here’s to You Workshop Kit and stamp sets are only available until August 31st! Contact your CTMH Consultant, or visit the Promotions tab of my website to see all of the products available in this kit. I can’t wait to see what you create!