Welcome to the Tag, You’re It! Technique Blog Hop where we will be featuring a multitude of projects focusing on Tags. If you have come here from Catherine Nowak’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. This blog hop is simple, fun, and full of ideas using all sorts of tags. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melissa’s Blog.
Since I didn’t have a chance to decorate for Christmas, I have decided to go all out for Valentine’s Day and create some adorable decorations, like this banner, for my home. Normally, I would use the Cricut™ to cut out all of my images, but I am ♥enamored♥ by that stitching detail on our Fancy Tags Thin Cuts, which cannot be achieved easily with the Cricut™.
I must say, that I have also been ♥captivated♥ by our Happy Heart products and just couldn’t get enough of those patterns when creating those little flags – also cut from our Fancy Tags Thin Cuts. How cute are those?!
Before you “Hop” to Michelle Loncar’s blog , let me show you how you can create this project using our Heart Happy Products and Fancy Tags Thin Cuts.
Paper Needed: (8) 4½” x 3″ Sapphire Cardstock, (2) 4½” x 3″ Candy Apple Cardstock, (8)4½” x 3″ Heart Happy Paper, (15) 2½” x 1″ Heart Happy Paper, (7) 1½” x 1½” Candy Apple Cardstock
1. Using the Large Fancy Tag Thin Cut, cut out the (2) 4½” x 3″ Candy Apple and (8) 4½” x 3″ Heart Happy paper tags.
2. To create the layered Hearts, cut a 1¾” Stitched Heart from the Candy Apple tags. Place the Candy Apple Tag on top of the Heart Happy paper tag, and temporary adhere the heart in place. This allows you to line up the Larger Heart Thin Cut around the smaller one, tape in place (♥love Post-It Tape for this), and cut out the other image.
3. Adhere the Heart Happy Paper Tags onto the (8) 4½” x 3″ pieces of Sapphire Cardstock. Hand trim to create a small border.
4. Decorate each tag as you see fit using Heart Happy Stickers, Cut-Apart Images, Candy Apple Striped Ribbon, Silver Embellishing Thread, or Silver Glitter Gems.
5. To create the flags, cut out the small Banner Thin Cut from the (15) 2½” x 1″ Heart Happy Paper. Fold the top down and glue onto Mink Twine. If desired, cut out Stitched Hearts from the (7) 1½” x 1½” pieces Candy Apple Cardstock and place between the flags.
Add some bows and more gems, and you have a cute Valentine Banner for your home. This is what mine looks like hung in my craft room. Isn’t it just ♥precious♥?!
Now Hop on over to Michelle Loncar’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their blogs to get some great crating tips and other fun ideas. Remember, the Heart Happy products are only available while supplies last through February 28th. Contact your CTMH Consultant or visit the promotions tab on my website to order your Heart Happy products for this Valentine Banner.