I love giving gifts to my workshop and retreat attendees. It’s my way of saying “thank you” for taking the time to support me and my business. This week, I have been working on creating some gifts my upcoming retreat that didn’t require too much time or money, and, since most of us are limited on both of these, I thought I would share what I created using our Feel So Blessed stamp set and Cats & Bats paper packet.
You will notice that the paper I used looks a little different from the one shown in the Holiday Expressions catalog. As a consultant, I have access to “bulk” papers which allows me to purchase a package of one paper design that I can use to make multiple projects. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how you can have access to these bulk packets.
Paper Needed: 6″ x 6″ B&T Paper (Cats & Bats), 3″ x 4″ Cardstock (Colonial White/Almond), 4″ x 4″ Pomegranate, 2″ x 3″ Saffron, 2″ x 3″ Fern
1. Place a strip of glue or double sided tape along one side of the 6″ x 6″ B&T paper. Twist your paper until it resembles a cone shape and press in place to seal.
2. Using the Your Are Here Cricut® cartridge cut out the “Tag” image and “Leaf” images. (You can access my Cricut® Design Space file here, but you must own the cartridge to cut out the images. You can purchase the Your Are Here Cricut® bundle on my website.)
3. Using Goldrush Ink, stamp the splattered background onto the tag.
4. Using Nutmeg Ink, stamp the “Thankful” sentiment onto the tag, then stamp the “Heart” image using Goldrush Ink.
5. Using Gold Ribbon, Gold Glitter Paper, or Gold Shimmer Trim, create a “Ribbon” at the top of the tag and staple in place using a Mini-Stapler.
6. Using the Buffalo Plaid and Leaf Embossing Folder, dry emboss the “Leaf” images.
7. Adhere all of the layers to the front of the cone using a strong adhesive.
8. Fill icing bags with the treat of your choice, tie a ribbon on the end, and trim as needed. These fit perfectly inside of the cones.
Don’t forget that the Feel So Blessed stamp of the month is only available until September 30th. Visit the “Promotions” tab on my website to learn how you can purchase this stamp set for only $5.00.
There are many ways to thank a teacher, but the best way is to give them things they will use. Notepads are a necessity to keep track of to-do lists, supplies runs, and doodles. This cute little notepad cover was effortless to make and our School Year stamp of the month created the perfect decoration on the cover. You can change the patterns and colors to make as many of these back-to-school gifts as you would like. As always, I have listed the products I used to create this project at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 8½” x 6″ B&T Paper, 9½” x 6″ Cardstock, 3″ x 5″ B&T Paper, 2¾” x 4¾” Cardstock
1. Score the 9½” x 6″ cardstock at 4″, 4½”, 5″, and 5½” on the long side.
2. Fold the cardstock as shown below to create the pen holder for the inside of the notepad cover.
3. Stamp the “Frame” image onto the lower right side using Fern ink. If desired, stamp the teachers name inside the frame or write a sweet sentiment of gratitude.
4. Score the 8½” x 6″ B&T paper at 4″ and 4½” on the long side then fold to create an outer cover.
5. Place adhesive onto the back of the outside cover in the rectangle areas shown. Do not place adhesive where the pen will be.
6. Attach the cardstock (inside) to the paper (outside) cover making sure the pen holder section is raised.
7. Close the cover and burnish all of the folds with a Bone Folder.
8. Glue in the notepad and sticky pad, then decorate the outside however you wish.
I created the sentiment on the front cover using the writing font from our Flower Market cartridge in Cricut® Design Space. If you like this clever cover sentiment, you can download the file HERE and change the font or pen color to match your design. I do not charge for these files, but I do ask that, if you are able, you consider supporting my business by making a purchase on my website.
Remember that the School Year stamp of the month is available through August 30th. Visit the “Promotions” tab of my website to learn how you can get this stamp set for only $5.00!
Can you believe that June is already over? Today is the LAST DAY for you to purchase the Hello Foxy stamp set AND the last day to take advantage of the We’ve Got You Covered Album Special and our 25% off Cardstock Sale. Visit my website to take advantage of these amazing deals before time runs out.
For my final Hello Foxy project, I have created a charming gift bag and tag that you can make using the Hello Foxy stamp set with our Close to My Heart products. At the very bottom of this post you will find the list of products I used to create this project.
Paper Needed: 6″ x 6″ B&T Paper (I used Prickly Pear), 2″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock,
2″ x ½” B&T Paper (I used a Prickly Pear Zip-Strip)
1. Score the B&T paper at 1″. (This is going to be your bottom flap, so make sure it is scored at the bottom of the paper so that your pattern isn’t all wonky.)
2. Rotate the B&T paper so the the base of the bag is at the top, and score up to the previous score line at 1¾”, 2¾”, and 4½”, then score at 5½” the full length of the paper.
3. Fold and burnish the two full-length score lines using a Bone Folder.
4. Along the 1″ score line, cut each of the score lines up to the 1″ score line, then cut off the smallest tab at the end.
5. Apply a strong adhesive, such as Bonding Memories Glue, to the full length tab on the right then adhere to the other side, creating a tube.
6. Fold the bottom tabs in, making sure the open end will face towards the seam, then apply a strong adhesive to the tabs to create the bottom of the bag.
7. Pinch the top of the bag closed, then use a hole punch to create two holes to string the Emerald Ribbon through. (You can also used a small binder clip to close it.)
8. Cut the tag using the Artbooking Cartridge in Cricut Design Space at 2″ x 3″ on White Daisy Cardstock.
9. Create a mask for the center of the tag, then, using Sea Glass Ink, sponge the top and bottom of the tag.
10. Using Black Ink, stamp the “Fox”, “Flower” and sentiment onto the white portion of the tag, approximately ½” above the Sea Glass Ink. Shade in the images using Watercolor Pencils. (I used Autumn Terracotta, Brown Bag, Holiday Red, Sunflower, and Ocean.)
11. Adhere the Poppy Zip-Strip across the bottom of the tag above the Sea Glass Ink.
12. Loop Poppy Twine through the hole of the tag then attach to the bag.
Remember, the Hello Foxy Acrylic stamp set is available until June 30th!
Contact me or visit my website to see how you can get this stamp set for only $5.00!