This week’s Color My Heart Dare challenge requires us to use Blossom, Bashful, and Eggplant, so I chose to use up some more of my Documented papers to create this Double Triangle Fold card. These cards are super cute and simple to make. I would love to see you try to make one using the instructions below and post it to the Color My Heart Dare challenge this week.
Paper Needed: 8½” x 11″ Bashful Cardstock, 5½” x 4¼” Eggplant B&T (Documented)
1. Place the 8½” x 11″ Bashful Cardstock onto a score board or paper cutter in the “landscape” (horizontal) position and score at 5½”.
2. Place the 8½” x 11″ Bashful Cardstock onto a score board or paper cutter in the “portrait” (vertical) position, and score at 4¼”.
3. Position the Bashful cardstock in the paper trimmer diagonally, lining up the upper right corner and the lower left corner to the cutting “groove” and cut. This will give you TWO card bases.
4. Fold the right side over then fold the top down. Use a Bone Folder to burnish each fold.
5. Cut 5½” x 4¼” Eggplant B&T paper diagonally, upper right corner to lower left corner. Adhere to the lower right corner of each card base.
From here, you can decorate the cards anyway you wish. I chose to use Blossom Ink, and the Documented Cardmaking stamp set to randomly stamp the card base, then after masking off the upper right triangle, I splattered “Shimmer” onto the card base using the Bashful Shimmer Brush. (THIS IS CURRENTLY ONLY $2.00!). To finish the card base, I added a decorative border using the Scallop Border Thin Cut and Eggplant cardstock.
To create my sentiment I used the large Basic Circle Thin Cut to cut out a circle from the Floral PML card, added a few loops of White Ribbon behind it, and attached it using Thin 3D Foam Tape. (Only add adhesive to the top right side so the card still opens.) I cut another circle out of White Daisy cardstock using a large Stitch Circle Thin Cut, added a few swishes of Bashful Shimmer, and stamped the Documented Cardmaking sentiment in Black Memento Ink. Attach with 3D Foam tape, add a few Documented Dots and it’s all done.
You can even choose to decorate the inside of the card, like I did, using additional Documented papers, White Daisy cardstock, and images stamped in Eggplant Ink. Add a little shimmer, write a note, and send it off. How simple is that?
Don’t forget, the Documented papers and Bashful products are available while supplies last through August 31st. Make sure to visit my website and snag them before they are gone for good. I can’t wait to see what you create!