A while back, I bought the Tagged with Love acrylic stamp set and I have been itching to use it for the Color My Heart Dare challenge. I was so excited to see that this set was one of the exclusive stamp sets chosen to bring back for our July Stampaganza. This card is simple to make and can be altered to fit any occasion just by choosing one of the other sentiments on the Tagged with Love stamp set. I also love the fact that this card is a great way to use up some of your leftover paper scraps like I did here with the Prickly Pear papers.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, 5½” x 4¼” B&T Paper (Raspberry Adventure Fundamentals), 5″ x 3¾” Black Cardstock, 4¾” x 3½” White Daisy Cardstock, (3) 4″ x 1″ B&T Paper (Prickly Pear), 3″ x 2″ Black Cardstock, 3″ x 2″ White Daisy Cardstock.
1. Using the Confetti Embossing Folder, dry emboss the 4¾” x 3½” White Daisy cardstock.
2. Adhere the White Daisy cardstock onto the center of the 5″ x 3¾” Black cardstock, then onto the center of the 5½” x 4¼” B&T paper.
3. Cut a chevron into the shorter end of each of the 1″ B&T paper strips, then adhere onto the 4¾” x 3½” White Daisy cardstock.
4. Using the Art Philosophy cartridge, cut out the tag shapes from both the White Daisy and Black cardstock.
5. Using Black Ink, stamp the “Chevron Tag” onto the White Daisy tag.
6. Using Raspberry Ink, stamp the “Awesome” sentiment onto the center of the White Daisy tag.
7. Layer the White Daisy tag onto the Black cardstock tag, add a ribbon, then attach to the card with 3D Foam Tape.
8. If desired add a Silver Glitter Paper strip to the tag, and Embellish with Silver Sequins.
The Tagged with Love acrylic stamp is only available during our
July Buy Two Get One Free Stampaganza. Get your’s before it’s gone!
Welcome to the So Hard to Say Goodbye Blog Hop! This week, we will be featuring products from the Annual Expressions Idea book that are retiring on July 31st. Many of our stamps, paper packets, tools, inks, and embellishments will no longer be available for purchase, so make sure you fill your wishlist before these products disappear.
This blog hop is designed to allow you to start here and work your way around. It’s simple, fun, and full of ideas. If you have come here from Priscilla Gotham’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog.
If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog: http://ifyoublingit.blogspot.com/p/stamp-of-month-blog-hop-list.html.
Since we have quite a few products retiring, I have decided to feature just a few of my favorites from the Annual Expressions Idea book.
- Sea Glass Cardstock – Sea Glass was our Color of the Year and I fell in love with it. This is such a wonderful color that can be used for almost any occasion. I have mixed it with warm and cool colors and each time it makes the perfect accent.
- Sea Glass Glitter Paper– Who doesn’t love a little glitter? On this card I used a cut from our Flower Market Cricut® cartridge to make some “Sea Weed”.
- Sea Glass Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad – Can you tell I just adore Sea Glass? I am excited that we have a NEW Color of the Year arriving and I can’t wait to use it.
- Blending Pen – I must admit that I was a bit disappointed to see this tool go. I use my Blending Pen more than I use my markers. I love that I can use this pen with any of our ink colors to shade images and match my papers exactly.
- Whimsy Fundamentals – If you search my blog, I used these papers quite a bit this year. I enjoyed them so much that I used these papers throughout my sons baby album. Close to My Heart does not disappoint. I have seen the new ones and LOVE the patterns.
- Swirly Sea Shells – This set is such an enjoyable stamp set to use for cards and on layouts with vacation, summer, and museum photos. Did you know that you can get this set FREE when you purchase two other stamp sets during our July Stampaganza?
- Wood Slats Embossing Folder – This embossing folder leaves a nice wood grain impression on your cardstock.
- Say it All Stamp Set – This set was in retirement and Close to My Heart brought it back for our Stampaganza event. If you missed out the first time, make sure to go to my website and purchase it before it’s gone for good.
You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from over twenty other Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using products from the Annual Expressions Idea book.
Now “Hop” on over to Sheila Bennett’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas! Remember, many of the products in our Annual Expressions Idea book retire on July 31st!
Comment below or contact your CTMH Consultant for a full list of retiring products.
I often get asked, “How do you come up with ideas for cards?” Honestly, I truly believe that I am not a creative person. I love to look online at beautifully created home decor and find that it is a good day when I have the dog toys and dirty socks off the floor and all the dirty dishes somewhere near the sink. So how do the cards I create come into being?
This week, I wanted to create a card using the Happy Hexagons acrylic stamp set for the Color My Heart Dare challenge. This is usually my starting point. Most of the time I have chosen a stamp set that I bought and want to used to prove that the money I spent was worth it. (I hate storing things on a shelf to collect dust.)
Next step, choose the colors. This time it was easy – Sorbet, Lemon, Juniper, White Daisy, and Black with optional Gold. Each week, Color My Heart Dare posts a weekly challenge and I encourage you to join. I LOVE the fact that Close to My Heart has color families and coordinating color pallets. Just look through one of our Idea Books for inspiration in color combination.
I like to use the 60-30-10 rule with my color palette. The idea is that 60% of your color is your anchor color, 30% is your secondary color, and 10% is your accent color. For this card, my anchor color is Lemon and the secondary colors are Sorbet and Juniper. The secondary color should support your main color. I chose two colors that are next to yellow, Analogous, on the color wheel. (I highly recommend getting yourself a color wheel). My accent color is Gold. The accent color is like the throw pillows in your bedroom – you don’t need a a bunch because a little goes a long way.
Now, start putting it all together. Let go of the perfectionism, quit comparing yourself to others, and just GO FOR IT! I can’t wait to see what you create.
Did you know that Close to My Heart brought back some exclusive stamp sets like Happy Hexagons during our July Buy Two Get One FREE Stampaganza event?
Imagine the savings!
For this week’s Color My Heart Dare challenge, we are required to use Tangerine, Sorbet, Sea Glass, Lemon, White with optional Gold from our Prickly Pear color palette. I was able to use all the colors for this week’s challenge by taking advantage of the washi tape designs on our Washi Wonder acrylic stamp set.
I am so excited that this stamp set was brought back for our July Stampaganza special. I would love to see what you create using some of our stamp sets that were specifically brought back for our Buy 2 Get 1 Free Stampaganza and join the Color My Heart Dare challenge this week. If you wish to recreate this card, a list of the supplies used can be found at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, 5¼” x 4″ Sea Glass Cardstock, 5″ x 3¾” White Daisy Cardstock, 2¼” x 3¾” Sorbet Cardstock, 2″ x 3½” B&T Paper (Floral Prickly Pear), 12″ x 1″ B&T Paper (Lemon Prickly Pear), 12″ x ¾” B&T Paper (Sorbet Prickly Pear), 3¾” x ¾” White Daisy Cardstock
1. Adhere the Sea Glass cardstock onto the center of a 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base.
2. Using Sorbet, Sea Glass, Tangerine, and Lemon Ink, stamp the “Washi Tape” images onto the lower right side of the 5″ x 3¾” White Daisy cardstock.
3. Adhere the 5″ x 3¾” White Daisy cardstock to the center of the Sea Glass cardstock.
4. Adhere the 2″ x 3½” B&T Paper onto the 2¼” x 3¾” Sorbet Cardstock, then adhere horizontally to the top of the White Daisy cardstock ¼” from the top.
5. Using the Say It All acrylic stamp set, stamp a sentiment with Black Ink onto the right side of the 3¾” x ¾” White Daisy cardstock strip. (NOTE: The Say It All acrylic stamp set is only available during our Stampaganza event.)
6. Adhere the 3¾” x ¾” White Daisy cardstock horizontally to the center of the 2″ x 3½” B&T Paper.
7. To create the medallion, first score the 12″ x 1″ B&T paper every ¼” the full length of the paper. Fold an accordion fold the entire length of the paper, then adhere the ends together to create a tube.
8. Flatten the tube and adhere the center together. I have found it best to cut a 1″ circle out of cardstock, place a glue dot onto the center of the circle, then place the cardstock circle onto the center of the medallion.
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 to create a second medallion with the 12″ x ¾” B&T paper.
10. Layer the medallions and adhere to the card as shown, then place a small gold gem in the center.
Don’t forget that the Washi Wonder and Say It All acrylic stamp sets are available for a limited time during our Buy 2 Get 1 Free Stampaganza event.
During the month of July, buy any two My Acrylix® stamp sets at full retail price and get a third stamp set of equal or lesser value FREE! Choose from any current stamp set, plus a collection of popular sets that we have brought back just for Stampaganza!
When you add three sets to your order, we will automatically make the least expensive set FREE in your shopping cart. Check your cart at any time to see how many free sets you have!
As part of our Stampaganza special, we also have special offers for new Consultants and hostesses! We’ve brought back our popular Monthly Word Puzzle sets as part of Stampaganza! Order just your favorites, or get the whole set for a special Stampaganza price of $143.60! You can also earn all 12 sets FREE by either hosting a qualifying party or by signing up as a Consultant and submitting qualifying sales by August 31! Check out the New Consultant offer here, and the hostess offer here.
Learn more about my Monthly Specials, then visit my website to start ordering your FREE acrylic stamp sets though our Stampaganza special!
*Offer available July 1–July 31, 2017 while supplies last. Shipping and handling assessed on retail value.