Each month, I offer a two-page scrapbook kit featuring some of our designer papers that are pre-cut and easy to assemble. Each kit is mailed directly to you, once a month, and includes everything you need to complete the layout. My October Kit of the Month will give you a head start on your thanksgiving scrapbook pages. It is titled “Thankful” and features our NEW Falling for You papers.
This kit includes a detailed full-color assembly guide, cardstock, designer papers, Cricut® cuts, and burlap ribbon. You will need just a few basic supplies to assemble the kit, add your photos, and you have a completed layout. Do you have more than three Thankful photos? You can use some of our amazing Flip Flaps and increase the amount of photos and journaling you can include on your layout.
I truly love how this page came together with the intricate leaf border, the burlap ribbon embellishment, and the simple, yet bold title. You are welcome to order the kit for $12.00* by visiting my online store front. Save by subscribing the the Kit of the Month Club and only pay $10.00* for this layout and receive an additional layout guide and Holiday Expressions for FREE with your order. Visit the “Kit of the Month Club” page in the “Kits & Guides” tab on above to learn more about this monthly subscription.
*Price does not include shipping costs. You can save on shipping costs by picking-up your kits or by receiving your kits quarterly.
It’s time for the weekly Color My Heart Dare project and this week was quite the challenge for me. I rarely combine cool and warm colors, yet this week we were required to use Poppy, Tangerine, Willow, Glacier, Slate and White Daisy with optional Gold. My solution was to create a “cool” look to the color palette by using our Watercolor paints and keeping the accents simple. Using the Paper Bird stamp set allowed me to create accents with simple, uncomplicated details. This stamp set is only available during the month of July for our Buy Two Get One FREE Stampagaza event.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” Slate Cardstock, 5¼” x 4″ B&T Paper (Script Uptown Fundamental), 4½” X 3¼” Watercolor Paper
• The “Paper Bird” image was stamped onto the Uptown Fundamental Vellum using Black Memento Ink then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.
• The “Paper Heart” was stamped with VersaMark Ink onto State Cardstock, then heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.
• The striped background was created with Watercolor Paints onto the 4½” X 3¼” Watercolor Paper, then was cut 1″ from the bottom after it dried.
• The edges of the Watercolor paper and Heart Image were distressed with the Edge Distresser.
Many of the products shown here are retiring this month.
If you are interested in purchasing them, please
visit my website before July 31st.
They are available while supplies last.
Last week, I used the the Flock Together Stamp of the Month to create part of this layout that will feature my family playing in the river. On this week’s project, I used the stamps to create parts of the title and add a fun embellishment to the page. You can use this simple, rustic layout for any type of outdoor photos. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this layout.
Paper Needed: 12″ x 12″ Colonial White Cardstock, 12″ x 6″ B&T Paper (I used Enchantment Fundamentals), 12″ x ¾″ B&T Paper (I used Rustic Home Fundamentals), (4) 3″ x 3″ Cardstock (I used Chocolate)
Here are a few techniques I used on this layout:
- The ‘Wood’ border was created by using a scallop border punch on a 12″ x ¾″ piece of Rustic Home Fundamentals B&T paper.
- The ribbon around the border is a piece of jute ribbon from the Rustic Fundamentals Ribbon pack. I cut the piece of ribbon in half to make it thinner, wrapped it around to the back the page, then created a knot.
- The title was created by combining fonts from the Artbooking and Artiste Cricut cartridges, then cutting them out from the Enchantment Fundamentals B&T paper.
- The hearts in the title were stamped using Fern ink and the Flock Together Stamp Set.
- The tabs on to the upper right side of the page were cut from 2″ x 1″ pieces of Enchantment Fundamentals and Rustic Fundamentals B&T paper. I rounded the corners using a corner rounder to create the look of a tabs which will be perfect to label the photo’s date or location.
- The “Love This” embellishment was created using the Flock Together stamp set and Desert Sand Ink. I used a 1″ circle punch to cut the image from Colonial White Cardstock. To make the saying stand out, I used a Clay ShinHan Marker to trace the letters.
Do you need a quick, last minute treat for your Easter table? Do you enjoy giving little gifts to your co-workers and friends? This little Spring Basket using our Some Kinda’ Wonderful paper, is the perfect project for you. I was able to create this project in under 20 minutes, fill it will candy, and send it on its way. You can personalize this project by adding a cute name tag or gift card. I will be posting ideas for Easter treats all week so be sure to visit often. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this project.
1. Cut the Cupcake Wrapper and Circle from the B&T paper using the Cricut® shape cuts listed below. NOTE: I was able to cut out three per 12″ x 12″ sheet.
2. Assemble the Cupcake Wrapper, then apply liquid glass (or hot glue) around the bottom edge. Immediately, place the glue side down onto the Circle shape to create the base of the basket.
3. Cut a ½” x 8″ strip from B&T paper. Adhere the strip to the inside of the wrapper as shown to create the handle. Staple the ends in place. (Our mini stapler is perfect for this!)
4. Tie two 2″ pieces of ribbon into a decorative knot, then adhere to the sides of the basket to hide the staples. Trim the ends if needed.
5. Using the measurements below, cut out the Daisy shape from Raspberry cardstock.
6. Assemble the Daisy by layering the flowers largest to smallest. To curl the petals, use a bone folder or a quilling tool on the tips of the petals. You can also add dimension to the flower by placing small strips of Thin 3D Foam tape between the layers.
7. Add a Black Dot to the center of the flower.
8. Using the measurements below, cut out the Leaf shape from Willow cardstock. Adhere the Leaf to the back of the Daisy, then attach the flower to the side of the basket.
9. Fill with candy, trail mix, or gifts. Add a personalized name tag, if desired, and give to someone you care about.
4” Accent 3 <Cupcake Wrapper #M3FEB3> (cut 1, p. 73)
2″ Card <Insert Circle Shape> (cut 1, p. 48)
3” Daisy <Daisy #MFADCF2> (cut 1, p. 46)
.75″ Shift+Rose <Rose #MFAD8CB> (cut 1, p42)
A few years back, I created a bunch of these cute carrot boxes to give as gifts to friends and family at Easter. They are simple to make and fun to fill. I received a request to re-create these little gems and re-post how to make them. I will be posting ideas for Easter treats all week so be sure to visit often.
At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this project.
1. Cut the ‘Carrot’ box from Tangerine cardstock. Fold on each of the score lines using the bone folder to press the folds down. Adhere the side of the box closed using a strong adhesive on the flap.
The box was cut from the retired Artist Cricut cartridge, but if you don’t have this cartridge, you can find many templates available online and cut them out by hand.
2. Assemble the tag by layering the White Daisy tag shape onto the center of the Crystal Blue tag shape. Assemble the ‘Tulip’ and adhere to the center of the tag, then assemble the ‘Happy Easter’ sentiment and adhere to the base of the tag. Add ribbon and twine to the tag.
3. Using a bone folder, curl the tips of the ‘Holly’ shapes. AFTER you have filled the box with treats, staple the ‘Holly’ shapes in-between the two top flaps. Add a Jute Ribbon bow to cover the staple.
4. If desired, wrap some jute twine around the top of the box three times. Attach the tag to the box using the jute twine.
11” 3D Object <Box #M3C2F4> (cut 1, p. 61)
3″ Shift+Background <Special Delivery Tag #MD402A2> (cut 1, p. 10)
2¾” Shift+Background <Special Delivery Tag #MD402A2> (cut 1, p. 10)
6″ Holly <Holly #MFAE002> (cut 2, p48)
2½” Shift+Icon <Tulip Flower #MD6FE71> (cut 1, p31)
1″ Shift+Flower-1 <Tulip Flower #MD6FE71> (cut 1, p31)
1″ Flower-1 <Tulip Flower #MD6FE71> (cut 1, p31)
1½” Title <Happy Easter #MD72936> (cut 1, p44)
1½” Shift+Title <Happy Easter #MD72936> (cut 1, p44)