Celebrate the coming of spring as you record family memories of Easter, Mother’s Day, and more with my March Kit of the Month. This kit features our New Gimme Some Sugar papers and is titled “Family Memories”. Each month, I offer a two-page scrapbook kit that is pre-cut and easy to assemble featuring some of our beautiful designer papers. Each kit is mailed directly to you, once a month, and includes everything you need to complete the layout.
My Family Memories kit includes a detailed full-color assembly guide, cardstock, designer Gimme Some Sugar papers, Bashful Glitter paper, Cricut® die-cuts, and Gimme Some Sugar Cork shapes. You will need just a few basic supplies to assemble the kit, then add your photos for a completed layout. Have more photos to display? You can use our Pocket Plus Memory Protections Design 2 to add some additional photos in the center or add even more photos with our 4″ x 6″ Flip Flaps or 3″ x 4″ Flip Flaps. If you have never used these products, write me a comment below and I will show you a few examples of how you can use them. They are awesome products that help you add even more photos to a layout!
I can’t wait to add photos of my Easter memories to this layout. You are welcome to order the kit for $12.00* by visiting my online store front
or subscribe the the Kit of the Month Club and only pay $10.00* for this layout plus receive an additional layout guide** and Seasonal Expressions One for FREE with your order. Visit the “Kit of the Month Club”
page in the “Kits & Guides” tab on above to learn more about this monthly subscription.
*Price does not include shipping costs. You can save on shipping costs by picking-up your kits or by receiving your kits quarterly.
**Layout Guide is available by requests for yearly subscribers only.
This modest card proclaims “He Lives”. Simple, yet so important to remember. Easter is about proclaiming that Jesus conquered death, and because of this, so can we through God’s grace and salvation. “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures” (I Cor 15:3-4). We celebrate Easter with bunnies, candy, gifts, and eggs, yet we often forgot the real reason to celebrate.
This card was created using the Slice feature in Cricut® Design Space along with a Lily from our Flower Market Cricut® Cartridge. Today’s tutorial will walk you through using the slice feature to create the frame for this card. As always, the list of supplies I used to create this card can be found at the very bottom of this post.
Creating the Frame using the Slice Feature:
1. Open a new project in Cricut® Design Space.
2. ‘INSERT IMAGE’ and in the search box type Label #M362D4. (This is a free image).
3. Open the ‘EDIT’ panel and resize the Label to 4.75″ height.
4. With the Label selected, choose the ‘SLICE’ option in the ‘LAYERS’ panel.
5. You will have three images layered on top of each other that can been seen as individual images in the ‘LAYERS’ panel. Separate them by moving them around onto the canvas. You will be using the Frame image only. Select the two Scalloped Oval images and Delete them.
6. ‘INSERT SHAPE’ to insert a circle. Place the circle image over the Frame image. Unlock the aspect ratio (lock image), and drag the shape to create an oval that is slightly larger than the frame opening. This will be the oval shape that goes behind the frame.
The remaining Cricut® shapes are listed below. You can design this entire card in Cricut® Design Space, then assemble it onto a White card base. I used a Lily from our wonderful Flower Market Cricut® Cartridge along with the Cricut® Design Space writing feature to create the sentiment. Once the card was assembled, I used our Clear Shimmer Brush on the frame and flowers to add a little sparkle. Please feel free to comment with any questions about this project.
3” Lily Of The Valley Cluster #MD7161E (cut 1, p35)
4″ w x 5.25h ” Square ( cut 1)
3″w x 4.47″h Circle (cut 1)
Cricut Font and Basic Shapes
4.75″ Scalloped Oval <Label #M362D4> (cut 1)
Do you need a quick, last minute treat for your Easter table? Do you enjoy giving little gifts to your co-workers and friends? This little Spring Basket using our Some Kinda’ Wonderful paper, is the perfect project for you. I was able to create this project in under 20 minutes, fill it will candy, and send it on its way. You can personalize this project by adding a cute name tag or gift card. I will be posting ideas for Easter treats all week so be sure to visit often. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this project.
1. Cut the Cupcake Wrapper and Circle from the B&T paper using the Cricut® shape cuts listed below. NOTE: I was able to cut out three per 12″ x 12″ sheet.
2. Assemble the Cupcake Wrapper, then apply liquid glass (or hot glue) around the bottom edge. Immediately, place the glue side down onto the Circle shape to create the base of the basket.
3. Cut a ½” x 8″ strip from B&T paper. Adhere the strip to the inside of the wrapper as shown to create the handle. Staple the ends in place. (Our mini stapler is perfect for this!)
4. Tie two 2″ pieces of ribbon into a decorative knot, then adhere to the sides of the basket to hide the staples. Trim the ends if needed.
5. Using the measurements below, cut out the Daisy shape from Raspberry cardstock.
6. Assemble the Daisy by layering the flowers largest to smallest. To curl the petals, use a bone folder or a quilling tool on the tips of the petals. You can also add dimension to the flower by placing small strips of Thin 3D Foam tape between the layers.
7. Add a Black Dot to the center of the flower.
8. Using the measurements below, cut out the Leaf shape from Willow cardstock. Adhere the Leaf to the back of the Daisy, then attach the flower to the side of the basket.
9. Fill with candy, trail mix, or gifts. Add a personalized name tag, if desired, and give to someone you care about.
4” Accent 3 <Cupcake Wrapper #M3FEB3> (cut 1, p. 73)
2″ Card <Insert Circle Shape> (cut 1, p. 48)
3” Daisy <Daisy #MFADCF2> (cut 1, p. 46)
.75″ Shift+Rose <Rose #MFAD8CB> (cut 1, p42)
I love giving out little treats at Easter, and this bag was simple and fun to create using the Close to My Heart Easter Bunny stamp set. You can alter this bag and make it your own creation by simply changing the colors, the stamps used, or by adding a name to the front flap. I will be posting ideas for Easter treats all week so be sure to visit often. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this project.
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 8½” x 11″ (I used Glacier for the bag).
2. Score the cardstock on the long side at 1″, 4″, 6″ and 9″.
3. Score the shorter side at 2″ and 7″.
4. Fold up on each of the score marks, using a bone folder to burnish each of the folds.
5. Cut the cardstock in the places indicated in the picture below. NOTE: I cut my bottom flaps at a slight angle so that they fold neatly when creating the bag.
6. If desired, use a corner rounder on the corners of the top flap.
7. Create the bag by adhering the 1″ flap to the inside of the bag using a strong adhesive, then fold the bottom flaps in and adhere them together. For a neater look, make sure the bottom front flap is adhered very last.
8. Slightly pinch the sides of the bag so that the top edges of the opening meet together, then fold the top flap down over the front of the bag and seal using a hook & loop dot.
9. Cut a piece of cardstock at 1¼” x 3″ to create the decorative strip for the top flap. (I used Canary cardstock.) If desired, use a corner rounder on the bottom two corners, then stamp your desired sentiment.
10. Attach the cardstock strip to the top flap, then wrap twine around the flap and tie in a decorative knot or bow.
11. Using the Easter Bunny stamp set, stamp the desired images onto White Daisy cardstock, then shade the images using ShinHan markers. Cut out the images and adhere them to the front of the bag using Foam Tape.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS: On the Thistle bag, I used the Flock Together stamp set to create the heart background with Pansy ink. I cut out a 2¼” scallop circle from Pansy cardstock, then a 2″ circle from White Daisy cardstock to create the tag on the front of the box. Both of these shapes came from the Art Philosophy Cricut® cartridge. The sentiment was created using the writing feature in Cricut® Design Space.
A few years back, I created a bunch of these cute carrot boxes to give as gifts to friends and family at Easter. They are simple to make and fun to fill. I received a request to re-create these little gems and re-post how to make them. I will be posting ideas for Easter treats all week so be sure to visit often.
At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I have used to create this project.
1. Cut the ‘Carrot’ box from Tangerine cardstock. Fold on each of the score lines using the bone folder to press the folds down. Adhere the side of the box closed using a strong adhesive on the flap.
The box was cut from the retired Artist Cricut cartridge, but if you don’t have this cartridge, you can find many templates available online and cut them out by hand.
2. Assemble the tag by layering the White Daisy tag shape onto the center of the Crystal Blue tag shape. Assemble the ‘Tulip’ and adhere to the center of the tag, then assemble the ‘Happy Easter’ sentiment and adhere to the base of the tag. Add ribbon and twine to the tag.
3. Using a bone folder, curl the tips of the ‘Holly’ shapes. AFTER you have filled the box with treats, staple the ‘Holly’ shapes in-between the two top flaps. Add a Jute Ribbon bow to cover the staple.
4. If desired, wrap some jute twine around the top of the box three times. Attach the tag to the box using the jute twine.
11” 3D Object <Box #M3C2F4> (cut 1, p. 61)
3″ Shift+Background <Special Delivery Tag #MD402A2> (cut 1, p. 10)
2¾” Shift+Background <Special Delivery Tag #MD402A2> (cut 1, p. 10)
6″ Holly <Holly #MFAE002> (cut 2, p48)
2½” Shift+Icon <Tulip Flower #MD6FE71> (cut 1, p31)
1″ Shift+Flower-1 <Tulip Flower #MD6FE71> (cut 1, p31)
1″ Flower-1 <Tulip Flower #MD6FE71> (cut 1, p31)
1½” Title <Happy Easter #MD72936> (cut 1, p44)
1½” Shift+Title <Happy Easter #MD72936> (cut 1, p44)