Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Over the next few weeks, I will be posting some quick and easy gifts you can make for your family, friends, and co-workers. With just a few supplies, you can make FIVE of these Valentine Matchbooks. A bag of candy can be placed inside using our Mini-Stapler to give as a sweet treat. At the very bottom of this post, I’ve included a list of the products I’ve used to create this project.
Paper Needed: 12″ x 12″ Cardstock (I used Desert Sand), (5) 2¾” x 3¼” B&T Paper (I used Hello Lovely), (5) 3″ x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock
1. Cut the 12″ x 12″ cardstock at 8½”. Turn the cardstock 90′ and cut FOUR 3″ x 8½” strips. Take the 3½” x 12″ strip from your first cut and trim it to 3″ x 8½”. You will have FIVE 3″ x 8½” pieces of cardstock.
2. Place a 3″ x 8½” of cardstock horizontally on a trimmer. Using the scoring blade on the trimmer, score the cardstock at ¾”, 4½” and 5″. Repeat with each piece of cardstock.
3. Fold up on each of the scorelines to create the “matchbook”.
4. Adhere the 2¾” x 3¼” B&T Papers to the front of each matchbook.
5. Wrap a piece of ribbon around the front of each matchbook 1″ from the bottom. Tie a knot and secure in place with Glue Dots.
6. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp five Floral Heart images onto the White Daisy cardstock. Using ShinHan Markers, color the flowers on the images. If desired, use a Gold Shimmer Brush to add glitter to the center of the heart.
7. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp the sentiment onto the center of each heart. Cut out the Floral Heart images.
8. Adhere the Floral Heart image to the matchbook front.
9. Staple the treat to the bottom ½” flap. This creates the closure for the matchbook.
10. Add a sentiment to the inside flap of the matchbook if you desire.
ShinHan Twin Touch Barely Beige Marker