Summer is flying by and many of you have become so busy that you forgot all about our amazing June specials. If you haven’t had a chance to take advantage of our Create the Rainbow or Dad is Rad specials, make sure you visit my website before June 30th to check out the savings. Stock up on your favorite cardstock, embellishments, stamps, and kits while you can, because, once the summer ends, you will be wishing you had stocked up and saved while you had a chance.
I would hate for you to miss out on saving 25% off custom cardstock bundles, individual spools of ribbon, and select accessories! This is a great time to purchase cardstock bundles, ribbons, and embellishments so that you are all stocked up and ready for crafting once the business of summer subsides. Along with our discounted products, we are also offering an exclusive Be A Rainbow stamp set with adorable sentiments, quotes, and images that will coordinate perfectly with all your beautiful artwork!
Don’t forget that if you sign up as a new Consultant in June you will receive your choice of Create the Rainbow cardstock bundle for FREE! I would love for you to join our HeARTfully Blessed Creations Team. We are small, but we full of inspiration and excitement for the Close to My Heart company.
This is also the final week to purchase the Dad is Rad Workshop Kit. You will be able to create some of the delightful artwork shown here using the exclusive My Acrylix® Rad Dad stamp set and the Dad is Rad project bundle. This kit is also perfect for creating Heritage pages, layout featuring the men in your life, and masculine cards.
While you are viewing these products, make sure to take the time to download the FREE Workshop Guide. These Dad is Rad items and Create the Rainbow discounts are only available until the end of June, so get them now before they are gone for good! Have a wonderfully blessed summer, my friends!
Do you know someone who is just amazingly awesome? I believe that it is good to recognize those who have blessed you with their friendship, willingness to listen, and ability to tolerate you. This week, I created a card that you can give those awesome people using the a sentiment and little girl image from our A Bushel & a Peck stamp set. Isn’t this just adorable?! I love the combination of Glacier and Bashful together. If you would like to recreate this card you can find the list of supplies I used at the bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, 5¼” x 4″ B&T (Blue Leaf Fresh Air), 4¾” x 3¼” Glacier Cardstock, 4¼” x 3″ White Daisy Cardstock, 4″ x 2¾” B&T (Pink Beautiful Freindship), White Daisy Cardstock for stamped image
Techniques & Tips Just for You:
• The Glacier cardstock was embossed using a small dots embossing folder.
• I curved the sentiment and placed it onto a block before stamping it onto the B&T paper with Black Ink.
• Here is a list of the ShinHan™ markers used: Mahogany, Bronze, Clay, Light Orange, Pastel Peach, Tender Pink, Cerulean Blue Light, Turquoise Blue, Colorless Blender
I hope you take some time to create a few of these cards to give to those who are willing to put up with your nonsense. 😉 Remember, this exclusive A Bushel & a Peck stamp set is only available through June 30th for $17.95 on my website or for only $5.00 with a qualifying purchase. I can’t wait to see what you create with our Stamp of the Month.
Life is about trying new things, having experiments blow up in your face, and finding the blessing in everything. This week, I wanted to try my hand at a Front Panel Step-Card, and, since card making is one of my weaknesses, it just didn’t seem to go as planned. Even though the end-result turned out beautifully, the path to discovery was not so glamorous.
As you do in each experiment, I researched the subject. After browsing Pinterest for hours, saving snippets of summer meals, scrapbook sketches, farmhouse decor, …oh, and a thousand ways to make a step-card, I finally settled on a pattern by Colleen Vaux. I thought “I can do this!” (I am sure Tesla and Einstein said the same thing when they formed their hypothesis.) Now the experimenting begins.
1. If you choose to change a horizontal step-card to a vertical step-card, take the time to research a new pattern. You aren’t Einstein and math hurts the ever-aging brain cells.
2. When altering one’s pattern, make sure it will fit into the envelope you intend to send it in. Measure twice, cut forty times. (Procedure not working – time to go back to original horizontal pattern.)
3. Do not cut off the side panels. You need those. (Gathering more materials.)
4. When all else fails, turn to your Cricut®. (Make sure you have a decent cutting mat to avoid another piece of cardstock being ruined.)
5. If you are going to go to all this trouble to create a card, you should take some time to enter the Three Amigos and heARTful stamping challenge.
My experimenting led to a mess of excess, cut-up, cardstock that will go into my scrap pile. I did finally turn to my Cricut® to create this cut file that I can use in the future and avoid additional failed experiments. I proceeded to use products from our New Seasonal Expressions 2 , including the Fresh Air Paper Packet and A Bushel & a Peck stamp set, to decorated the card. All of the supplies I used can be found on my website.
I hope you take the time to try to create a step-card this week using the Free Cricut Design Space™ File I created for you. Now, time to continue on riding the bicycle of life, because in order to keep my balance I must keep moving. I can’t wait to see what you create!
Father’s Day is right around the corner, and, since I enjoy giving you crafty ideas for holidays, I decided to create this Pinterest inspired “Apple of My Eye” card and gift box using the A Bushel & a Peck stamp set. This fun four-inch card not only has a sweet saying on the outside, but it includes the “I love you a bushel & a peck” sentiment inside. How great would this be to give to a dad in your life? You can fill the box with their favorite treat or add some baseball tickets or a few gift cards.
This “Apple of My Eye” card and gift box was not only designed with you in mind, but I also created it to enter this week’s Color My Heart Dare and heARTful Stamping challenges. It’s been awhile since I have joined one of these challenges. My craft-room has been in such a disarray that I haven’t been able to make much of anything, so being able to join these challenges makes my crafty heart happy. If you would like to recreate this project you can find the list of supplies I used at the bottom of this post, along with the instructions for completing the project.
Paper Needed for Card: 8″ x 4″ White Daisy Cardstock, (2) 4″ x 4″ Nutmeg Cardstock, 2¾” x 2¾” White Daisy Cardstock, 1″ x 2¾” White Daisy Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock Scraps
Card Assembly Instrucions:
1. To create the card base, fold the 8″ x 4″ White Daisy cardstock in half lengthwise and burnish the fold with a Bone Folder.
2. Adhere one of the 4″ x 4″ pieces of Nutmeg cardstock onto the front of the card base.
3. Using your paper trimmer, cut out a 3″ square from the center of the other 4″ x 4″ piece of Nutmeg cardstock. If desired, shade the edges of the “Frame” using a Sponge Dauber and Nutmeg Ink. Using Foam Tape, adhere the “Frame” onto the card.
4. Using Glacier Ink, stamp the “Buffalo Check” from the Documented Scrapbooking stamp set onto the 1″ x 2¾” White Daisy cardstock. Adhere this across the base of the 2¾” x 2¾” White Daisy cardstock. (You can choose to use B&T paper instead.)
5. Using Nutmeg Ink, stamp the “You’re the Apple of My Eye” sentiment onto the upper left corner of the 2¾” x 2¾” White Daisy cardstock. Using New England Ivy Ink, stamp the “Small Hearts” below the sentiment. (If you don’t own the Documented stamp set, the Leaf would look cute as an alternative to the hearts.)
6. Adhere the 2¾” x 2¾” White Daisy cardstock onto the center of the card.
7. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp the “Apple Basket” and “Apple” onto scraps of White Daisy cardstock.
8. Shade the “Apple Basket” and “Apples” using ShinHan™ Markers. Cut out the images and add them to the card using Foam Tape.
9. Stamp a sentiment inside the card, if you desire.
The Apple of My Eye Treat Box was create using a box image that I uploaded into Cricut Design Space™ and it decorated in much the same way that I did the card. You can find instructions for uploading the box image in this Tuesday Tutorial. Don’t forget that the A Bushel & a Peck stamp set is only available through June 30th for $5.00 with a qualifying purchase. I can’t wait to see what you create!
If you are like me, you always have a need for Thank-You cards, so, this week, I created a few using the adorable images and a sentiment from our exclusive A Bushel & a Peck stamp set. I love sending happy mail to customers, especially homemade cards, but each one needs to be quick to make as well as fun to receive. This card defiantly “fits the bill” – quick to create, easy to assemble, and ready to send. If you would like to recreate this card you can find the list of supplies I used at the bottom of this post, along with a few techniques to help you complete a few thank- cards to add to your collection.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, 5¼” x 4″ B&T (Green Fresh Air), 4¾” x 3½” B&T (Burlap Fresh Air), 2½” x 2½” B&T (Green Fresh Air), 1½” x 4″ Espresso Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock scraps
• The circle was created using a 2¼” Stitched Circle Thin Cut cut in half.
• The background on the Espresso cardstock was created by randomly stamping the “Blowing Leaf” image onto the Espresso cardstock with VersaMark™ Ink, then it was sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heat applied with a Craft Heater.
• Three stands of New England Ivy Twine was wrapped around the shorter ends of the Espresso cardstock.
• Color was added to the apples using ShinHan™ markers. Each of the apples was shaded fully with Cherry Pink, then I used Carmine to add shadows and a Colorless Blender to add light reflections. I shaded the “Leaves” with Sap Green.
• I used the Bronze and Clay ShinHan™ markers to shade the “Basket” then used Sap Green and Pastel Green to finish the details.
How cute would this look if you made the apples bright green? Or added a stitched border? Your imagination is your only limitation. I hope you take some time to create a few Thank-You cards using the A Bushel & a Peck stamp set. This exclusive stamp set is only available through June 30th for $17.95 on my website or for only $5.00 with a qualifying purchase. I can’t wait to see what you create with our Stamp of the Month.
There are only a few days left to take advantage of our AMAZING May specials. If you are like me, you have a few things sitting in your online cart waiting for check-out, but May has been so busy, you haven’t had a moment to finish your purchase. Often times, those items end up selling out on the last week of the month and I would hate for you to miss out and be disappointed. Make sure you take advantage of the Postcard Perfect, Classic Summer Bash, and the chance to get a Cut About Layout Kit® FREE before May 31st.
Do you have some Postcard Perfect memories that need scrapbooked? Maybe you have some pictures of your kids by the pool or the beach or some cheesy Hawaian shirt photos. Now is the time to take advantage of some awesome savings when you purchase the Postcard Perfect Collection. If you are like me and love it all, you can 20% when you buy the Postcard Perfect Product Bundle, which includes one of every item in the full collection! Order before May 31st, and I will send you a FREE Layout guide using these amazing products.
Mason jars are everywhere lately and I’m sure you have seen and used quite a few mason jar stamps. Our exclusive Classic Summer Bash stamp set has the perfect sized jar to “fill” with flowers, fruit, candy, or simple sayings. There are so many wonderful ideas out there on Pinterest. The possibilities with this stamp set are endless. You can get this stamp set for only $5.00 with any qualifying purchase on my website, or purchase it by itself for $17.95, but you only have until May 31st to order.
Take the time to visit my website to view all of the amazing products from our Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog. You will not be disappointed. Close to My Heart has truly outdone themselves this season. You can get a copy of this catalog FREE with any online order this month. You will love all of the papers, stamps, scrapbook kits, card kits, embellishments, and ideas using these products.
I hope you are all enjoying the wonderful weather and staying safe this Memorial Day weekend. I can’t wait to see what you create!
Have you ever tried using a PageMaps sketch as inspiration for your layouts? This year, to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day, Scrapbook & Cards Today challenged it’s readers to create a layout using this NSD PageMaps Sketch. As you know, I always love a challenge.
I also like to inspire you to use stamped images to enhance your scrapbook pages, so for this “Fresh Summer Lemonade” layout I chose to use both the Postcard Perfect and the Classic Summer Bash stamp sets. This layout reminded me of the days when my children would set up a lemonade stand for the neighborhood. I am not sure if the lemonade was very tasty, but everyone was always a good sport and supported their efforts.
You can find the complete list of supplies used at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 12″ x 12″ Bashful Cardstock, 12″ x 12″ Dotted Vellum (Postcard Perfect), 10″ x 7″ B&T Paper (Beautiful Friendship)
Techniques Used on This Layout:
1. To create the stitching around the page, I used a Ruler with our Piercing & Embossing Tool to create the holes, then used Pink thread for the border.
2. The “Jute Twine” was created by pulling apart the White Burlap Ribbon into individual threads. Three of the threads were wrapped around the B&T paper. The three remaining threads were used to create the bow.
3. The Lemon & Flower border was created with images from the Postcard Perfect and the Classic Summer Bash stamp sets. After cutting out the images, they were placed onto the page using Thin 3D & 3D Foam Dots.
4. The “Tags” were stamped using Smoothie Ink. I added the paper strip from a piece of the “True Story” PML card, punched a hole, and added threads of White Burlap Ribbon.
5. The “Straw” was stamped using Pixie ink, then I re-stamped the rim of the “Jar” along the top, and added the “Straw” to the “Jar”.
These exclusive, summer-themed stamp sets and the Postcard Perfect products that I used on my layout are only available during the month of May. You can purchase each of these by visiting the Promotions Tab on my website, but they are only available while supplies last so make sure you grab them before they are gone. I would love to see what you create using this sketch or these exclusive stamp sets. Feel free to post your work on my Facebook page for all to see. I can’t wait to see what you create!
Welcome to the Classic Summer Bash Stamp of the Month Blog Hop where we will be featuring the May Classic Summer Bash stamp set. This stamp set has so many possibilities with it’s mason jar, fruit, and festive summer images. If you have come here from Kirsten Jade’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. This blog hop is designed to allow you to start here and work your way around. It’s simple, fun, and full of ideas using the Classic Summer Bash stamp set. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.
This Classic Summer Bash stamp set reminds me of lazy, summer days outside, so I chose make a card you can use to invite others to join you on the porch, avoid life, and sip some lemonade. Along with the stamped images from the Classic Summer Bash stamp set, I chose to use items from the Postcard Perfect collection to create that lazy, summery feel.
The Postcard Perfect collection was designed to celebrate National Scrapbooking month, but can surely be used for more than scrapbooks. I have enjoyed the Polka-Dotted Vellum so much that I have used it on multiple projects already, and I love how the Mint cardstock tones down bright shades of the images. Not only does Postcard Perfect have a wonderful collection of papers and cardstock, but there is a delightful page full of images, like this Hibiscus, that you can use to enhance your projects.
You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from over twenty-four other Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month’s Classic Summer Bash stamp set and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs. I will be creating more projects throughout the month using both the Classic Summer Bash stamp set and the Postcard Perfect products, so make sure to visit often.
Now “Hop” on over to Catherine Nowak’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting tips and other fun ideas! Remember, the Classic Summer Bash stamp set is only available until May 31st! Contact your CTMH Consultant, or visit the Promotions tab my website to see how you can get this stamp set for only $5.00. I can’t wait to see what you create!
Graduation Money Holder (Part Two)
Last week, I created the first part of the tutorial to show you how to make a Graduation Money Holder envelope in Cricut Design Space™. This week, I will show you how to create the money insert in Design Space™ and I have included the list of supplies used at the very bottom of this post.
Design Space Instructions:
1. Insert a SQUARE SHAPE and resize to 3″w x 7″h.
2. Insert a SQUARE SHAPE and resize to 3″w x 4″h.
3. Insert a TRIANGLE SHAPE and resize to 4″w then ROTATE 30°. Position the Triangle over the top of the 3″ x 4″ rectangle.
4. Select the Triangle and the Small Rectangle and choose SLICE. DELETE the unwanted images.
5. Insert a Tag Image and resize to fit the top of the Money Holder Insert. (I used Luggage Tag – #M275FA92 from the You Are Here Collection.)
6. Add stars and a square to write a sentiment onto the “Pocket”.
Once the images are cut out, place adhesive ¹⁄ 8″ along the left side and the bottom to form a pocket. This will allow you to easily slide the gift in from the right side. Adhere the remaining layers and stars, then add some matching ribbon to the tag to pull-out the insert, and you are ready to give this to the hard-working graduate.
This Graduation Money Holder can be made from any cardstock color or patterned paper. I can’t wait to see what you create with this tutorial!
* The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.
Fabulous Specials…that is. April is coming to an end which means that you only have a few more days to take advantage of the phenomenal specials from Close to My Heart. Don’t miss out on your chance for Free Stamp Sets, Crafty Savings, a fabulous Stamp of the Month, and a final chance to stag some products from the Seasonal Expressions One catalog.
SPEND EACH DAY DOING A JOB THAT YOU LOVE
If you have been considering becoming a Close to My Heart Consultant, April is the time to sign-up. For only $75 you receive receive the May, June, July and August Stamp of the Month sets, an amazing $250 consultant kit and $50 in CTMH Cash, PLUS access to purchasing from the NEW Seasonal Expressions Two before anyone else. THIS IS AN AMAZING DEAL!!
WEEKEND SAVINGS ARE COMING TO AN END
I hope you have been taking advantage of our Fab Favs Weekend Sales where you can save 25% on Cricut® Collections, Albums, paper crafting supplies, and more. The final sale will last 24-hours, from Friday at 12:00 pm (MDT) to Saturday at 11:59 am (MDT).
COLOR YOUR LIFE STAMP OF THE MONTH
If you have been following my blog, you have seen a few projects that I and some other talented consultants have created using our exclusive Color Your Life stamp of the month. This stamp set is only available for a few more days and can be your’s for only $5.00!
SEASONAL EXPRESSIONS ONE PRODUCTS RETIRING
If you are like me, you have fallen in love with the Chelsea Gardens, Make Waves, Stargazer, and Gimme Some Sugar products. All of these products as well as the Thin Cuts metal dies and stamp sets featured in the Seasonal Expressions One catalog will be retiring on April 30th. (Don’t forget that orders over $150.00 receive free hostess rewards from me.) While you are at it, make sure to download those FREE WORKSHOP GUIDES. These are perfect to keep on hand for creating the layouts shown and additional layouts from your own papers.
You only have a few more days to take advantage of these amazing offers. Visit my website or email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or wish place your order. I can’t wait to see what you create!