As many of you know, I enjoy participating in each week’s Color My Heart Dare challenge. Today, I am excited to announce that I have decided to venture out of my comfort zone and join the Color My Heart Dare Design Team. As a Design Team Member, I get to provide inspiration for some of our Color Dare Challenges. My first challenge for you as a Design Team member is a Boutique Paper Pack Tic-Tac-Toe.
You would think that by now, I might be tired of playing with the Boutique paper pack, but, in all honesty, it has been one of my favorites to create with. This week, I decided to design a card using primarily Peacock, Peach, and Glacier, with a few of the other colors from the board added in.
This card allowed me to use up a few of my scraps, leftover PML cards, and the Boutique Scrapbooking stamp set (which I ♥love♥). Though it is simple, I really enjoy how this card turned out and I can’t wait to send it off to a few of my friends.
Here are a some techniques I used to create this card:
• The sentiment came from the Boutique Scrapbooking stamp set and was stamped using Intense Black Ink onto one of the PML cards that was trimmed down to 3¼” x 3″. Don’t you just ADORE this sentiment.
• The Peacock Scallop Trim was created using our new Decorative Borders Thin Cuts dies (another favorite♥ of mine).
• The small plastic heart is not a Boutique product, but one of the new Hello Pumpkin Shapes. Isn’t it just the cutest? AND it has adhesive backing making it so easy to apply to any project you make.
• That little flower was cut from Peach cardstock using our Flower Market collection. Our new Peach color really works well with Peacock – a great color combination for fall.
• Mink Twine was used to create a faux “Leaf” and Silver Glitter Gems were added for a little bling (we all need a little bling).
You don’t need a blog. You don’t need to use the CTMH colors (just something close). You get to share your love of paper crafting and could win some fun prizes.
Joining the Color My Heart Dare Challenge is so simple and I encourage you to join in this week. If you don’t have a blog, you can simply add your photo onto the Color My Heart Dare Facebook page. Please let me know if you decide to join this week, and I will send you a personal Thank You card just for joining. I can’t wait to see what you create for the Color My Heart Dare Challenge.