Spring has FINALLY arrived at my house, the Tulips are opening, and I am truly enjoying the stunning color popping up in my yard. Along with the seasonal change outdoors, the decorations in my home also change, and I begin scouring the internet for projects I can create. This week, I came across a Tulip Tutorial and realized that it was something I could make using images from our Flower Market Collection. Not only was I able to create this beautiful Tulip, but I was also able to make a simple, matching card to give for Mother’s Day. As always, you can find the list of supplies I used at the very bottom of this post.
Design Space Instructions:
1. Insert Tulip Flower – #MD6FE71 from the Flower Market Collection. DELETE all images except the egg-shaped center.
2. Resize the image to 1.25″w x 2″h. Change Color to White, then DUPLICATE five(5) times so that you have six petals total. (You will need to Unlock to resize.)
3. Insert Holly – #MFAE002 from the Flower Market Collection. DELETE the Berries.
4. Select the remaining image, choose CONTOUR and hide all of the images except the “Pine Needles”. Select the “x” to return to the Canvas.
5. Resize the “Pine Needles” to 1.75″w x 1.75″h. Change Color to Mango. (You will need to Unlock to resize.)
6. Insert Surf Board – #MD6F2D0 from the Flower Market Collection. DELETE the top layer and resize to 1.5″w x 5.5″h. Change Color to Sage and DUPLICATE.
7. Insert a Circle Shape, resize to 1″ and change Color to White.
8. Cut out the images from White Daisy, Sorbet, and Sweet Leaf Cardstock.
To create the bright, multi-colored petals, I mixed Alcohol and Re-inkers in a Spray Pen, then sprayed it onto the Petals and Circle. This can be a bit messy, so I recommend you use our All-Purpose Mat for this step. It cleans up so well afterwards and has plenty of room for spaying. (NOTE: I used the leftover mix to create a base for the card.)
The “Stamen” was rolled up using a Quilling Tool, attached it to the wrapped wooden skewer, then I attached the flower petals onto the circle bottom of the circle.
I folded my Leaves in the center, then inked the edges and the fold using a sponge. They were then attached to the “Stem”. (Glue Dots or Liquid Glass would work well for this.)
This Tulips can be made into any color using our Re-inkers and Spray Pens. Your imagination is your only limit. I can’t wait to see what you create for spring!
Save on Explore Air 2 Machines – on sales for $229. (All three colors!)
* The links provided to the Cricut® website are through the ShareASale affiliate program and are posted as an endorsement. ShareASale compensates me a small portion of sales made through these advertisement links.