Welcome to the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring May’s Stamp of the
Month, Live, Laugh, Love, which is designed with spring in mind. This set is full of whimsical flowers and words that can be used for multiple paper crafting projects. If you have come here from Krista Hershberger’s blog, you are on the right path! When you are finished reading my post, you can click on the link at the end to move to the next blog. This blog hop is designed to allow you to start here and work your way around. It’s simple, fun, and full of ideas.
If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog: http://ifyoublingit.blogspot.com/p/stamp-of-month-blog-hop-list.html.
During the month of May, I will be featuring projects using the Live, Laugh, Love stamp set. This week, the floral “LOVE” sentiment inspired me to create a softly shaded wedding card. AS always, I’ve included a list of the products I used to create this card at the very bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Daisy Cardstock, 5½” x 4¼” B&T Paper (I used Whimsy Fundamentals), (2) 1″ x 4¼” B&T Paper (I used Whimsy Fundamentals), (2) 2″ x 4¼” B&T Paper (I used Whimsy Fundamentals), 2″ x 2″ White Daisy Cardstock, 5½”x 5¼” Acetate (I used a cover from a discarded Cricut® mat)
1. With the 5¼” side at the top, score the Acetate at 4¼”.
2. Using a strong adhesive, adhere the (2) 1″ x 4¼” B&T paper strips horizontally along the top, to the left of the score line, onto the front and back of the acetate.
3. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp “Together” horizontally onto one of the 2″ x 4¼” B&T paper strips.
4. Using a strong adhesive, adhere the (2) 2″ x 4¼” B&T paper strips horizontally along the bottom, to the left of the score line, onto the front and back of the acetate making sure that the stamped sentiment is on the front of the card. Set aside to dry completely.
5. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp “LOVE” onto the center of the 5½” x 4¼” White Daisy Cardstock approximately 1½” from the top. Shade in the flowers using Watercolor Pencils and a Small Round Waterbrush. I used Crystal Blue, Citrus Leaf, Sorbet, and Sunny Yellow. NOTE: I find that it works best to use the pencils more like a palette.
6. You should have a 1″ strip of Acetate on the right side of the card. Using a strong adhesive, adhere the 5½” x 4¼” White Daisy Cardstock to the Acetate to create the inside of the card, then adhere the, 5½” x 4¼” B&T paper to create the back of the card. Once dry, close the card using a Bone Folder to burnish the fold.
7. Using Black Memento Ink, stamp the “Striped Flower” and two “Leaf” images onto the 2″ x 2″ White Daisy cardstock. Shade in the images using Watercolor Pencils and a Small Round Waterbrush. I used Citrus Leaf, Sorbet, Honey, and Sunny Yellow. Cut out the images and adhere to the card using Thin 3D Foam tape.
8. If desired, use a Corner Rounder on each of the corners of the card. Add three small White Dots onto the card as shown.
You can continue through the blog hop and see more ideas from approximately twenty Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month’s Stamp of the Month and other great Close to My Heart products on their blogs.
Now “Hop” on over to Priscilla Gotham’s blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the Live, Laugh, Love stamp of the month is only available until May 31st! Contact your CTMH Consultant or visit my website to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!