It’s time for the weekly Color My Heart Dare project and this week was quite the challenge for me. I rarely combine cool and warm colors, yet this week we were required to use Poppy, Tangerine, Willow, Glacier, Slate and White Daisy with optional Gold. My solution was to create a “cool” look to the color palette by using our Watercolor paints and keeping the accents simple. Using the Paper Bird stamp set allowed me to create accents with simple, uncomplicated details. This stamp set is only available during the month of July for our Buy Two Get One FREE Stampagaza event.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” Slate Cardstock, 5¼” x 4″ B&T Paper (Script Uptown Fundamental), 4½” X 3¼” Watercolor Paper
• The “Paper Bird” image was stamped onto the Uptown Fundamental Vellum using Black Memento Ink then heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.
• The “Paper Heart” was stamped with VersaMark Ink onto State Cardstock, then heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.
• The striped background was created with Watercolor Paints onto the 4½” X 3¼” Watercolor Paper, then was cut 1″ from the bottom after it dried.
• The edges of the Watercolor paper and Heart Image were distressed with the Edge Distresser.
Many of the products shown here are retiring this month.
If you are interested in purchasing them, please
visit my website before July 31st.
They are available while supplies last.
This week’s Color My Heart Dare required a bit of creativity using Pixie, Saffron, Whisper, and White Daisy. These are not color tones I usually put together, but I am always up for a challenge. As always, I’ve included a list of the products I’ve used to create this card at the bottom of this post.
Paper Needed: 5½” x 4¼” White Card Base, 5½” x 4¼” B&T Paper (I used Uptown Fundamentals), 4 5/8″ x 3 ³⁄8″ Cardstock (I used Whisper), 4½” x 3¼” Cardstock (I used Saffron), 2½” White Daisy Cardstock Circle, 3″ x 2″ White Daisy Cardstock (stamped images)
1. Adhere the 5½” x 4¼” B&T Paper to the card base.
2. Using an embossing machine, dry emboss the 4½” x 3¼” Cardstock with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder. Adhere the Embossed 4½” x 3¼” Cardstock to the center of the 4 5/8″ x 3 ³⁄8″ Cardstock.
3. Lay the 2½” White Daisy Cardstock Circle onto the 4½” x 3¼” Cardstock to determine where the small hearts will be stamped. (DO NOT ADHERE) Using Pixie Ink, stamp the Tiny Heart image onto the Embossed Cardstock randomly in the center of some of the honeycombs. Add Shimmer to the hearts using a Clear Shimmer Brush.
4. Wrap a 10″ piece of Pixie Twine twice around the base of the layered Cardstock. Adhere the cardstock onto the center of the 5½” x 4¼” B&T Paper using Thin 3D Foam Tape.
5. Create a Bow with another piece of Pixie Twine and attach to card with a Glue Dot.
6. Using Black Ink, stamp the “Always Be You” sentiment onto the 2½” White Daisy Cardstock Circle. Adhere the Circle to the card using Thin 3D Foam Tape.
7. Using the Dreamin’ Big Thin Cuts, create (2) Large Butterflies from the 3″ x 2″ White Daisy Cardstock. Using Pixie Ink, stamp two Large Butterfly images onto the cutouts.
8. Cut out the wings and body on one of the Large Butterfly images. Bend the wings up and adhere the center of the cut image to the center of the full butterfly image using Thin 3D Foam Tape. (This gives the illusion that the butterfly image is “flying”.)
9. Adhere the Butterfly image to to card, as shown, using Thin 3D Foam Tape. Add Shimmer to the wings using a Clear Shimmer Brush.
10. If desired, stamp a sentiment onto the inside of the card.